This HaBO request is from Anna, who is looking for this romance:
I’ve read a book once about a woman (heroine) that is hired as a rich man’s secretary (possibly) and she is tasked to convince the man’s son (hero) to meet his father.
So here is all I can remember:
– The hero doesn’t want to meet or get to know his father at all.
– At first the hero doesn’t know the heroine is connected to his dad and when he finds out, he’s a complete arse to her.
– The hero’s mother owns a flower shop.
– It’s part of a book series.
– I’m absolutely certain that the woman is tasked to convince the son that he should meet with his father but I’m not sure if her position is that of a secretary or assistant or simply as a PI.
– Hero’s father is married and doesn’t have any children besides the hero.
– At the end of the book there’s a party of some sort where the hero grovels for forgiveness if I’m not mistaken.
Anyhow, that’s all I can remember but I can’t, for the life of me, find it anywhere.
Not sure if this is contemporary or historical.