Links: Mostly Music and Some Wee Dragons

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.No, you aren’t imagining things.

We’re starting off today with Links instead of waiting until the afternoon. It’s kind of a slow, lazy day and we want to remind you to try and take it easy when you can and in whatever ways possible.

I’ve found some really cool music stuff lately, so it’s mostly that, plus a couple little extra things.

Stay well!

I’m so happy the Dixie Chicks are back and making music. When life returns to normal, they’re going on my list to see in concert.

Need a new crochet project? How about these adorable, tiny dragons!

What if “Pumped Up Kicks” by Foster the People were a medieval tavern song? Looking forward to more covers from this channel!

This piece, “Fuck the Bread, the Bread is Over” blew me away and I shared it in the SBTB Slack. I hope you enjoy it too.

In fairy tales, form is your function and function is your form. If you don’t spin the straw into gold or inherit the kingdom or devour all the oxen or find the flour or get the professorship, you drop out of the fairy tale, and fall over its edge into an endless, blank forest where there is no other function for you, no alternative career. The future for the sons who don’t inherit the kingdom is vanishment. What happens when your skills are no longer needed for the sake of the fairy tale? A great gust comes and carries you away.

If you need to laugh until you cry, I highly recommend this video.

Don’t forget to share what super cool things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

I thought this was fun, especially for the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER fans. Cobie Smulders (aka Robin Sparkles) did a quarantine version of LET’S GO TO THE MALL aka LET’S ALL STAY AT HOME: https://tvline.com/2020/05/07/cobie-smulders-robin-sparkles-returns-video-himym/

Jill Q. says:

Every one of these is wonderful in their own ways. I’m listening to a lot of Stories and Scary Pockets on YouTube. I started watching live performances b/c I wanted to get better at clapping/staying on the beat (yes, really). I’m still not sure I clap on the beat (so not musical guys), but there’s something about watching other people perform together that is still very enjoyable.

Escapeologist says:

I see your seals covering Seal and raise you these monkeys doing Dance Monkey.
    There are multiple versions out there because of course there are, this one is my 11 year old’s favorite: https://youtu.be/IX0JKibkhps
    (Song starts around 4 minutes in)

Heather M says:

My friend sent me these two Vietnamese music videos that she found thinking they were a movie preview, and I have to share them with the Bitchery because they’re just too wild. Basically it’s about a king with a male lover who turns out to be the reincarnation of the queen’s former lover (who the king actually killed, though he doesn’t know it and the lover doesn’t remember). And the queen ain’t happy about it. There’s makeouts and murder and in part two it gets even wilder, with the king *marrying a corpse* and then also time travel??? Also it has better production values than most of the movies I’ve seen this year. As much as it made me wonder if I just dropped acid, it’s actually really beautiful and I hope there’s a part three because I can’t with that cliffhanger. (cw’s- I’d say it’s definitely at least PG13 and there are some gross bits with the aforementioned corpse, in case that gives you pause).

pt 1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuR_g75ufY
    pt 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6IiLmjQYg

Katie F says:

I loved “Fuck the bread, the bread is over”. Thanks for including!

EC Spurlock says:

That Medieval cover sent me down SUCH a rabbit hole… Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday, tho! Thanks for that!!

Kira says:

If you grew up in the 80s or 90s, you’re probably as excited as I am about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G9BoFUqMrs&feature=youtu.be

Also Netlfix has a new romance tv series starting on 19 May – Sweet Magnolias based on the books of Sherryl Woods.

By posting a comment, you consent to have your personally identifiable information collected and used in accordance with our privacy policy.