Hey you sexy hookers! Last month, the Bitchery all gathered at the RT Book Lover’s Convention in Dallas. Mayhem ensued. As did stitchery.
This is a crochet pattern, and since my native language is knitting, I’m a little bit less certain about the translation. These wristlets are quick, fucking adorable and perfect for when you had too much tequila and need to hang out in the hotel room watching The Blacklist and nursing a 7-Up. Not that I had too much tequila. It was just the right amount. Also there was a mechanical bull.
Things you will need:
- Size H and I crochet hooks
- 123-200 yards of DK weight yarn (I used Knit Picks City Tweed). I chose the color Morning Glory for obvious double entre reasons. I used less than 1 skein but the wristlets I made were quite small.
- scrap yarn in 3 different colors for your flowers
- 3 adorable buttons
- a tapestry needle for seaming.
1. Look at this picture of Chris Evans. You’re welcome.
2. Using size I hook, chain 32 (the last 2 ch count as the first dc)
3. Turn work and dc in each chain (total of 30 dc). Join in the round with a slip stitch. You’ll have a little gap, but don’t worry, we’ll take care of that little bastard later.
4. Ch2, skip the first dc, fpdc around the next dc. Repeat in this fashion around. You’ll have 15 fpdc stitches total (does not include the ch2 at the beginning) Join round with slip stitch.
4. Ch2. Fpdc around (15 fpdc total). Join with slip stitch. Repeat until wristlet is the length you want.
5. Weave in ends.
6. Repeat for second wristlet.
If you don’t want flowers, you’re done. If you want a thumb hole, about a quarter of the way down your wristlet, skip one fpdc and ch5 instead. Please note that I have small arms/hands. You may need to start with a ch 42 if you have larger arms/hands. You could make it really small and make a penis cozy too!
Make 3 flowers:
1. Using size H hook and the first color of scrap yarn, chain 3, join with slip stitch to make ring.
2. Dc 14 times into the ring. Join with slip stitch.
3. Into the first stitch hdc, dc, tc.
4. Into the second stitch tc, dc, hdc. Now you have a petal!
5. Slip stitch into the next stitch.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have 5 petals.
7. Sew a button into the middle of the flower. Sew in all ends.
8. Repeat with other yarn colors until you have 3 flowers. Sew them onto your wristlets as desired.