Links: Reproductive Rights, Music, & More

Workspace with computer, journal, books, coffee, and glasses.Welcome back to Links! Given the recent news regarding Roe V. Wade, I just want to reiterate that SBTB hopes you’ll find a safe, positive place here. Sarah posted some resources to help local abortion funds and I’ll be reposting those below.

Try to find a moment to take some joy for yourself. Drop things in the comments that give you hope or silly things to make you smile.

Sarah posted this list yesterday for abortion funds by state. Thanks to Helmsinki on Twitter for compiling all this info. Also in the comments of our commenting bug update Trix brought a free book to our attention. Seven Stories Press is offering free ebook copies of THE NEW HANDBOOK FOR A POST-ROE AMERICA through May 5th.

This live reaction of a first time watch of Shrek made me so happy and felt so wonderfully silly.

Maybe she’s born with it…

@thishourhas22minutes maybe she’s born with it… #satire #sketchcomedy #workplace #maybeitsmaybelline ♬ original sound – thishourhas22minutes

Found this profile on “rave moms” to be super interesting. They aren’t moms per se, but women involved in the EDM and rave scene who want to welcome newcomers and make the scene a safer space.

I’ve posted a few “bardcore” covers before, but this is my recent favorite.

Don’t forget to share what cool or interesting things you’ve seen, read, or listened to this week! And if you have anything you think we’d like to post on a future Wednesday Links, send it my way!

The Link-O-Lator

1. Malaraa says:

*laughs hysterically at maybe she’s born with it*
    so much truth! so much!

2. EJ says:

I know Easter is over and I’m late to the party, but this sketch about the Last Supper is very funny: https://youtu.be/6jmtZABOoWE

3. FashionablyEvil says:

Romance readers will obviously be familiar with the, “gotta marry so and so to meet the stipulations of will!” trope, but this story is both next level, true, and contemporary!, involving a German aristocratic family and the will of a price who died in 1944:

4. Darlynne says:

Charlotte Clymer, smartstatistic and Bonfire teamed up to create a t-shirt to benefit YellowFund, a 501(c)3 abortion fund and reproductive justice organization serving Alabama, Mississippi, and the Deep South.

Bonfire for YellowFund

If my sorry attempt at html doesn’t work, maybe someone will know how to fix it or just google YellowFund and Bonfire.

5. Penny says:

Nothing substantive to add but…

Thanks everyone here for being one of my everyday joys.

When I doubt the worthwhileness of humankind, you all remind me that there are spaces I can visit and people I can interact with (even in this ephemeral online way) where we can talk about things no matter how silly or wise.

(No I haven’t been imbibing… to excess… I swear!)

6. Msb says:

Take some joy in being sure you’re registered to vote. Primaries for the 2022 election are already under way. Don’t miss your chance to help steer the US’ future course.
    In particular, 6-7 non-military Americans live overseas. They will mostly vote by mail and in October, not November (so ballots can reach local election officials in time to be counted). If you live outside the US and have not registered, go to the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP.gov) and get started right now!

By posting a comment, you consent to have your personally identifiable information collected and used in accordance with our privacy policy.