A list in no particular order to illustrate what happens with a bunch of romance fans, bloggers, readers and authors descend upon a Times Square BBQ place with big honking holy shit huge drinks.
1. I arrive late because I went home, took care of the fam, then drove back into Manhattan. This was bad idea jeans, because a few hundred other people had the same idea at the same time and I was taunted by sitting on the helix into the Lincoln Tunnel looking at New York but unable to get there. And, to make matters more embarrassing for me, the restaurant wouldn’t seat the party until we were all there. What the crap?!
Now I’m one embarrassed person. Sorry, y’all.
2. The drinks were huge.
3. No, really. The drinks were huge.
4. DO YOU SEE THE SIZE of the FISHBOWLS they serve the DRINKS in?!
5. See #1 re: driving. Hence I drank barely a quarter of the fishbowl, chugged water (which did NOT come in the fishbowl, damn them) and donated the rest of my margarita to a worthy cause: the inebriation of someone who didn’t have a drink. Yay!
6. I don’t go out much, really, which makes me lame, but I forget how funny it is that a table of 15 people with one major genre in common will always find something to talk about, and will undoubtedly have a kicking time. It’s like a book club on crack. With margaritas.Or beer. In fish bowls.
7. There are funny pictures of me circulating out there. I promise I am about 200% more funny-looking in real life.
8. Ann Aguirre was angelic and very cool, and if you ask her how she met her husband, the story will make you wet yourself with laughter.
9. We talked about any and all of the following: writing, books we’re reading, Magic Hoo-hoos, San Francisco, juicy pink velvet things, Twitter, and dial up modems. Also books. But you guessed that.
10. My camera phone takes grainy ass pictures in low light, but that doesn’t mean I can’t caption them. Enjoy – and thanks to everyone who came for creating a kickass evening.