Bitchin' Blog Posts
This weekend we're going on vacation - FINALLY the grown ups are going on vacation after the dudes had camp all summer. It was a shocking disappointment to the dudes that grown ups have to go to WORK in the summer. I think there should be grown up camp where we all go and live in cabins, eat smores and wear bug spray, and read books. Camp Drop Everything And Read! I love this idea.
So in addition to packing up all the stuff, and making sure the luggage isn't overweight, I've been advising Hubby on what books he'd like to read now that he's read all the Game of Thrones books twice. I know he has the Warren Littlefield book, Top of the Rock, ( A | BN | K | S | ARe ) on his Kindle. I have to go peek to see what else he bought. I still haven't found a romance that he'd enjoy - but I'm working on it. Slowly.
Are you taking an end-of-summer vacation, or are your families well into the back-to-school routine? My kids don't start school until about six years after Labor Day (it seems like it, anyway) so there's a tiny bit of summer left for us. What are you reading this weekend?
AND! In case you're looking for some historical romance, a bunch of Jacquie D'Alessandro novels are cheap digitally right now, plus The Duke and I, (which I have retitled for myself as My Conflicted Feelings About the Book and I):
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Sleepless at Midnight by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Never a Lady by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Not Quite a Gentleman by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Confessions at Midnight by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $0.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Who Will Take This Man? by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks
- Love and the Single Heiress by Jacquie D'Alessandro * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S | ARe | iBooks