Bitchin' Blog Posts
Behold, I quote Jane: “One thing that readers have in common is our neverending search for new books. Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches and we at DearAuthor use affiliate links to help fund our sites. These affiliate links reward the blog owner with 6-8% of the sale price for each item sold using an affiliate link. Sarah uses affiliate links for both All Romance eBooks and Amazon, and Harlequin when reviewing a Harlequin novel. DearAuthor uses affiliate links for Amazon alone.”
Jane thought that it might be fun to create a “bestseller” list out of the affiliate links. Jane, apparently, likes to do math. The following list simply displays to our mutual blog readers what the readers are buying if they use the affiliate link. Both Amazon and ARe’s affiliate program provide a LOT of stats, which I love. For example, from Amazon, I can find out what digital copies and paper copies of a specific title have been clicked on and sold, and with ARe, I get a breakdwn of which format was purchased - and no, it doesn’t tell me who the buyer is. It doesn’t capture every sale out there or every sale that we might inspire, but it is a data point that might provide some interest to our readers and might help in discovering new and good books.
Again, I Quote Jane: “The fascinating thing of our list, in my opinion, is the number of people that bought Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. More people bought her first book in the series than bought the most recent release which is Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart.” This is fascinating to me, as well.
We will post this list every Sunday evening. We’re still searching for a name for it - and much to my shock, even after naming our March romance novel tournament the “DABWAHA,” I’m still allowed to attempt to name this list. Suggestions are SO welcome.
- 1.Wilder’s Mate by Moira Rogers
- 2. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
- 3. The Wind and the Sea by Marsha Canham
- 4. Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart by Sarah MacLean
- 5. Dead By Morning by Beverly Barton
- 6. Collision Course by Zoe Archer (Apologies to Mitchell for the mixup!!)
- 7. Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
- 8. According to Luke (Gospel of Love 1) by Jackie Barbosa
- 9. Captive Bride by Bonnie Dee
- 10. A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James