SBTB/DA Bestseller

SBTB/DA Bestsellers - 27 May - 3 June 2014

Book Wild Child This week's bestsellers are brought to you by the number 10, the letter Q, and by our affiliate data.

1. Wild Child: A Novel (The Boys of Bishop) by Molly O'Keefe  A | BN | K
  2. Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel  A | BN | K
  3. The Dark-Hunters (The Collection Thus Far) (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon A | BN | K
  4. Hero of My Heart: A Loveswept Historical Romance by Megan Frampton  A | BN | K
  5. A Lot Like Love (FBI/U.S. Attorney) by Julie James A | BN | K
  6. You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane A | BN | K
  7. Sea of Suspicion by Toni Anderson  A | BN | K
  8. Summer Is for Lovers (Second Sons) by Jennifer McQuiston A | BN | K
  9. What She Wants (Life in Icicle Falls) by Sheila Roberts A | BN | K
  10. Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses) by Eloisa James A | BN | K

I hope your weekend reading is terrific!

General Bitching...

Brynhild says:

So I’m reading Three Weeks With Lady X right now, and I’m wondering: just how common would it have been for a lady of some standing to be illiterate in Georgian England? Lala is, I’ll grant, a far more interesting character than any of the others give her credit for, and I’m getting a sense that she has an undiagnosed learning disability. But it’s been bothering me, mostly because I’m used to Austen novels where everyone reads even though they’re of lower social standing.

DonnaMarie says:

I succumbed to temptation and couldn’t be happier that I’m not the only one who picked up Wild Child. It was a great read.

Francesca says:

I just finished Three Weeks with Lady X based on the recommendations here. I enjoyed it but… I could have done without the Plot Moppet and the stubbornness and blindness of the main characters began to get on my nerves. Also, the actions of Thorn’s father towards the end, simply to teach his son a lesson, were reprehensible. I liked Lala a lot, however, and really loved how she grew in confidence and found her own happy ending.

Tam says:

I don’t actually know how common it was for well-born girls to be poorly taught, but Marie Antoinette was famously functionally illiterate – she could barely sign her own name.

Karin says:

The Notorious Lady Anne
    Great female pirate story for 99 cents, I grabbed it!

Tabs says:

I also bought Wild Child and it’s great. I’d most especially reccomend for anyone who likes Victoria Dahl’s contemporaries.  Abd it’s still on sale!