Help A Bitch Out

HaBO: Inappropriate Australian Romance

Help a Bitch Out! Toni is looking for a book she started to read – but that was taken away from her by her mother because it was not appropriate. Dude. I hope we can find it. Nothing worse than bookus inappropriatus interruptus!

I heard that sometimes you can help locate books. There was a romance novel that I was reading back in the mid 80's. It was taken away from me by my mother who thought it was not appropriate for me. I don't know the title or the author. I can give you what I do remember and see if I can maybe help.

The cover had a scantily clad woman reclining in the surf or on the beach. Her legs wrapped around the cover to the back.

The story was about a woman in Australia. She was working as a governess for a man (I believe in Sydney). She left, or ran away and this man chased her. She ended up with another man on a plantation more in the outback of Australia.

There was a lot of talk about the seven sisters (it may even be what the place was called). There is not much more that I remember, but I want to find this book. It has nagged me for many years. I hope that you can help, or point me in the right direction.

CRIKEY. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Do you recognize this book?

Help a Bitch Out

Merrian says:

The plot sounds like a Lucy Walker novel but the cover description too modern. Even if it isn’t a Lucy Walker story I would like to give a shout out because I fondly remember them https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/22592.Lucy_Walker

Sandra says:

Not what you’re looking for—they’re not old enough—but you might try Candace Proctor’s (CS Harris) September Moon or Night in Eden. They’re OOP and not available in e-book, but I managed to acquire both from a UBS. Night in Eden is about a woman who’s been transported, and ends up as a wet nurse for a station owner in the Outback. September Moon is about a governess trying to earn her passage back to England.

Algae says:

Could it be by Victoria Holt? The plot is tickling my memory but nothing is jumping out at me.

Nascara says:

Could it be The Road to Paradise Island by Victoria Holt? Also, some of the details sound like The Thorn Birds.

Llaph says:

I like that book and the sequel about the hero’s long lost brother.
    Linda Lael Miller’s Angel Fire and Moonfire. I didn’t check which was which—I love her historicals and her few of her time travels…. :)
    Hope I’m right~

Rach says:

Oh the nostalgia – sounds very like the old Margaret Wayd Mills & Boon, and maybe Emma Darcy. Was the heroine young, and could it have been a category romance? Margaret Way was usually closed door, so doesn’t really imply ‘inappropriate’ from that point of view, though the age difference between H/h was probably worth a mother’s veto :)

Rach says:

Oops, just in case someone was mad keen to follow up on this and hadn’t heard of this one, typo on the author; it is Margaret Way, not Wayd.

L. says:

The only Victoria Holt set in Australia (that I can remember) was Shadow of the Lynx, and that had something to do with opal mines. I think. It’s been awhile. Sorry, I’m no help at all.

Sabrina C says:

It is Moonfire by Linda Lael Miller, 100%!! I absolutely adore this book!!

Bona says:

Moonfire‘s cover can be seen here: http://www.fictiondb.com/author/linda-lael-miller~moonfire~26346~b.htm does ,it fit the description?