Last year Jane and I hosted a Book Blogger Conference on the Tuesday before RT began in Kansas City, and it was great fun for us, and for the people who came. This year, we've been asked to convene it again, so off we go!
It's time to announce the Book Blogger Conference 2.0, in New Orleans, LA, on 13 May 2014.
A few important points:
1. Registration is $30.00. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. The fee covers refreshments, lunch, and the conference features several panel discussions on diverse topics.
2. We're handling payments via Paypal so as to welcome people who are outside the US who may like to attend and will be paying in currency more colorful than ours. If you'd like to pay via check, please email Sarah.
3. This conference is for book bloggers and book reviewers. You do not have to have your own website or blog. GoodReads reviewers, for example, are welcome.
4. Space is limited and registration is first-come, first-served.
5. Registration for the Book Blogger Con does NOT include registration for the RT BookLovers Convention.
We are working on the schedule of panels now, and want to organize a day of discussion that's worthwhile for everyone. We probably chat with each other a good part of each day online, but seeing one another in person and talking about what we have in common is a powerful thing, and we want to make the most of the time we have.