SBTB/DA Bestseller

SBTB/DA Bestsellers: 9-16 October 2012

Here's this week's bestseller list, culled from affiliate sales and the magical teardrops of gargoyles.

1. Dragon Actually by G. A. Aiken | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  2. The Confessions of a Duchess by Nicola Cornick | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  3. Virgin River by Robyn Carr | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  4. Kissin' Tell by Lorelei James | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  5. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  6. Love Laughter and a Little Murder by Christie Craig | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo
  7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  iBooks
  8. Fated by Rebecca Zanetti | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  9. Midnight's Wild Passion by Anna Campbell | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks
  10. My Steadfast Heart by Jo Goodman | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE | iBooks

What are you reading this weekend? I hope it's totally awesome.

General Bitching...

Vasha says:

What I’m reading this weekend is indeed awesome. First a wonderfully suspenseful (non-romance) gothic by Daphne Du Maurier, The Scapegoat; then That Takes Ovaries! Bold Females and Their Brazen Acts, which, as promised, is a thrill a minute. I hope yours is as good!

cleo says:

I am reading student projects – piles and piles of them.  For mini-breaks I’ve been reading short stories.  I glommed Josephine Myles’s short stories – just finished her First Impressions series (three m/m contemporary shorts) and they were so much fun. The middle one (Fuzzy) has an hilarious sex scene with knitting.

FWIW – I seem to have stumbled onto a sub-sub-genre – m/m knitting romances.  So far they have much less cancer and a lot more sex scenes using yarn / knit goods than the het knitting romances I’ve read.  So far, besides Fuzzy, I’ve read Amy Lane’s knitting series: Super Sockman and The Winter Mating Rituals of Fur Bearing Creatures (with a bonus pattern for a cock cozy).  And I’m impatiently waiting for the next one to come out next week.  And I don’t even knit (at least not since the orange hat I made in girl scouts some 30 years ago).  Oh, and there’s an f/f knitting story in the Agony / Ecstasy anthology – maybe called Stitch and Bitch.  It also has a sex scene with knitting – or at least the needles.

Tam says:

I’m re-reading ‘Anna Dressed in Blood’ to get in the right mood for Halloween decorating.  Goodness, this book is just as creepy second time around.

Karin says:

I’ve been reading Tessa Dare, “A Lady by Midnight” which I am loving, and a very cute Signet Regency called “The Would Be Witch” which features a heroine who comes from a long line of witches and warlocks and a hero who is a professional skeptic about all things supermatural. But someone just gave me “The 39 Steps” which the Hitchcock movie is based on, so I have to fit that in. Get this, the author, John Buchan, according to the cover copy, was the first Lord Tweedsmuir and a Governor-General of Canada! And still had time to write pulp fiction on the side!

Miss Kapoor says:

DO NOT read Fated by Rebecca Zanetti. I can’t believe it’s on that list – actually, yes I can, since it’s exactly the kind of book that would be a bestseller. It’s a terrible, contrived vampire love story featuring a hilariously alpha hero (yes, the whole thing exactly what you’re imagining) who sexually overpowers the heroine. “No” means “yes”, people. Also, you can’t have an orgasm unless he says you can. And who needs a plot when we can just keep having sex?

I don’t even know why I read it.

Shal says:

Ahh…“I command you to come now” & “I command you not to come…this is for my pleasure, not yours”. Remins me of 50 shades.

My current reads are Echoes in the Mist by Andrea Kane & Last Dragon Standing by G. A. Aiken

Vasha says:

That can be hot in a BDSM setting, depending how it’s done. But everything I see about Fated sounds like bad, ignorant BDSM writing. 50 Shades, what hast thou wrought?

persnickety says:

Just finished Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance by Lois McMaster Bujold- she has ended up writing a romance for Ivan ( a mere decade after playing down the idea).  Nice and light, and different drama to the Miles stories.  It makes me want to read through the whole series again.

samalamadingdong says:

I didn’t know what I was going to read this weekend. I ended up grabbing The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It’s a new YA series. She’s a new author for me and I’m floored. The writing is quite excellent. The pacing reminds me a lot of the Hunger Games trilogy. And I have to wait until next September for the next installment – boo hiss!

Shal says:

Yes it is hot in certain setting, but what i remember from 50 shades was alomst everytime they had sex he commanded her when to come and she did…idky but that rubbed me the wrong way…i’m all for Mild BDSM!