SBTB/DA Bestseller

SBTB/DA Bestsellers: 11-17 April 2012

Earls! Lots of earls. We gotta lotta earls up in here! Earls on sale!

1. Master of Crows by Grace Draven, Lora Gasway, Mel Sanders and Louisa Gallie | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo
  2. The Only Gold by Tamara Allen and Cory Clubb | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE
  3. A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  ARE
  4. I Kissed an Earl: Pennyroyal Green Series by Julie Ann Long | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  ARE
  5. To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  ARE
  6. The Earl of Her Dreams by Anne Mallory | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  ARE
  7. As An Earl Desires by Lorraine Heath | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo |  ARE
  8. Regency Pirates: Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley | Amazon | BN | Sony | KoboARE
  9. The Return of the Earl by Edith Layton | Amazon | BN | Sony | KoboARE
  10. Downtime by Tamara Allen and Ravven | Amazon | BN | Sony | Kobo | ARE

What did you buy to read this weekend?

General Bitching...

FairyKat says:

I’ve been reading all your older romantic couple suggestions.  I really enjoyed Jennifer Crusie, Fast Women.  I loved all their baggage.

Carrie Gwaltney says:

I went to a sale at a used book store. ;-) Because one can never have to many unread books sitting around making one feel guilty, right? I picked up: Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett (actually rebought this because my dog chewed up the first copy before I could read it. Bad dog!), Warrior’s Woman by Johanna Lindsey, My Lady Notorious by Jo Beverly, and Unplugged by Lois Greiman. (Kind of an eclectic mix.) I also bought two Simon R Greene books for my husband (science fiction/ urban fiction). I would’ve bought more but my book-buying friends were all buying books while I was running my mouth, so I ran out of time to shop before we all trooped off to lunch.

At the moment I’m reading a library book, The Witness by Nora Roberts, and listening to The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold. Oh, and a non-fiction book by Barbara Strauch called The Secret Life of the Grown-Up Brain. It’s really good, and has encouraging news for all of us with middle-aged brains. Strauch wrote a very good book about the research beind done on teen-age brains called The Primal Teen. I recommend both books.

Hannah E. says:

I picked up The Pirate & The Puritan from the library yesterday, and now I”m just sitting here at my desk staring at the cover.  I’m supposed to read it for book club, but I’m a little scared to start.

cleo says:

Bought and read Jaq’s Harp, from the fairytale thread. It was fun but not fabulous. Also read Surgeon’s Lady by carla kelly and I loved it.  CK is a recent discovery for me and so far haven’t read a bad one.

Tabs says:

I’m reading Passion Unleashed from Larissa Ione’s Demonica series.  It took me a while to get into the series but I’m having lots of fun with it.  Ione’s got a really well crafted supernatural world going on here. This one’s my favorite in the series so far.  Gotta love relic-hunting treasure hunters.

delphia2000 says:

I have Bujold’s “The Curse of Chalion” on my Nook and a hard copy of “Mad Ship” by Robin Hobb by my bedside for nighttime reading, “Unlikely Disciple” on the couch in the front room for ‘bored with tv’ reading and LA Meyer’s “My Bonny Light Horseman” to read between helping patrons at the front desk of the library where I work. (Yes, I have a job where I not only can read, I am expected to read in order to be able to do my job better. I love my work & my awesome boss!)

Lenorejago says:

Read an ancient copy of Marian Devon’s “The Rogue’s Lady” and chortled with joy at the masterful and lively and droll dialogue.  The story is propelled by the hero and heroine’s fabulous verbal volleys.  Loved it!

Danielle TBQ says:

Totally random, has nothing to do with this post (sorry) but I couldn’t resist.

Before I started reading your website, a quote like the one I am about to share would not have bothered me quiet as much. I would have ignored it and moved on. But now? Nope, it calls out to me, screaming that I need to share it and wonder at the WTF-ery about it. LOL. And since I’m just nice and want you all to endure the horrible imagine that I have in my head from it, I’m going to share it with you. Your welcome! :)

“Her p***y could give the Niagara Falls a run for its money.”

And as if that wasn’t a horrible quote on its own, that is directly from the heroines thoughts in the middle of a sex scene, right before she loses her virginity. #NotSexySexScene to say the least. LOL.

Now I have to figure out a polite and tasteful way to write up the review on this book (I’m part of it’s blog tour…) so that other readers know that there are some flaws, but hey, maybe this book is more for their tastes than it was for mine.

Enjoy!
    TBQ

Kim says:

I read Captured by Beverly Jenkins.  I want to check-out some more by her.

Kim says:

It drives me nuts how Sarah MacLean had the hero constantly sipping at the heroine’s nipples in Nine Rules.  I don’t want to think about a lactation fetish in my mainstream romance!  #NotSexySexScene for sure. It wasn’t just once but EVERY sex scene.  I really don’t see why people freak-out about that book.  Sigh.

SB Sarah says:

Ha! I didn’t notice (or remember) the sipping in that book, but a pussy that gave Niagara Falls a run for its money? My comment in the book would likely be “Get thee to a gynecologist!”

EW.

Nadia says:

I purchased “The Witness” and “The Last Boyfriend” but they won’t be delivered from Amazon until after that second book releases.  But that’s OK, the first book in that trilogy is still on the TBR pile.  I know I should have a rule about not buying the second if I haven’t read the first, but hey, it’s Nora.

I am trying to get through the extremely large pile of library books that I somehow have acquired.  Finished Adrian’s “Darker After Midnight” (satisfying resolution to the major arc), still working my way through Brockmann’s “Born of Darkness” (not a quick read, there), and haven’t opened Davidson’s “Undead and Undermined” (do I trust her to bring that mess around?) and Feehan’s “Dark Predator” (because I’ve gotten this far…).  Also have Ione’s “Eternal Rider” and Robb’s “Salvation in Death.”  Methinks I will need to renew some of these.

Danielle TBQ says:

Oh yes. Tweeted that quote upon reading it—-needless to say, it went viral fast, and soon not only were some of my friends and followers asking WTF was I reading, but people I had never heard of. Made for some pretty interesting conversations…. LOL.

Enjoy!
    TBQ

Bnbsrose says:

To be honest, I actually bought it a while ago (Borders closing sale… sigh) but I finally gave up on keeping up with the library reserves and started “Not Quite a Husband” by Sherry Thomas. It almost turned into a Lost Weekend type scenario as I didn’t come up for air or a beverage for nearly three hours. What a pleasure!

Heather the Crazy Cat Lady says:

Well, I didn’t BUY it, but my aunt was cleaning out her bookcases this weekend and I found a vintage NR “Nightshade.”  I was really excited.  But this book gives me situational narcolepsy.  At least I have an insomnia remedy for the week.  Also, the heroine’s name is “Althea” which would be fine, except my friend has a very fluffy, tail-less, incredibly dim cat named Althea.  Hard to take “Althea” seriously.

Ladybookworm61882 says:

Read Nora’s Chasing fire, good but I was a lil disappointed because I figured out who did it too quickly, now ready Terry Pratchett’s I shall wear Midnight.

Kim says:

I went back to see if it was really as bad as I remember it.  There is only one usage in reference to her breasts.

The offending comment was on page 228 of Nine Rules. “He paused his movements, sipping at the tips of her breasts and returning his hand to the hard, straining core nub of her.”

But, then there are 2 other times where he sipped at her lips and the word is used several times during the book and every time I read it, I cringed.  For some reason, it really turned me off and is all I can remember of the book.

I’ll give another one of her books a chance.  Sorry Sarah MacLean if you are reading, I really liked The Season.

Lisa Annesley says:

I bought and am reading Enraptured by Elisabeth Naughton. I recommend it!