Via Tina C comes this link about Little Free Libraries popping up around the world. Have you seen one? Is there one in your town?
March 14-18, an assortment of romances, including some Stephanie Bond contemporary tiles and some paranormal romances as well, will be free as a St. Patrick's Day promotion. See anything you might want to try?
Staples has a speed-reading test online that compares your results with the average battery life of popular ereaders. I was pretty spanking fast, but I think the speed of what I'm reading depends on whether I'm enjoying it.
From Cheryl M comes this Tor.com entry from award-winning author Jo Walton, titled How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Romance.
Walton explains her conflicting feelings about the romance genre, but what also grabbed my attention was the discussion about worldbuilding in Regency Heyers and in science fiction taking place in the comments. Fascinating.
And finally: deals!
First: Kobo is running a contest wherein, should you buy any of the Hunger Games books prior to the movie coming out, you're entered to win a prize. The Grand Prize includes a Kobo Touch and a $50 movie voucher. Cool!
- Wanted: Undead or Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Lori Wilde * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- The Art of Duke Hunting by Sophia Nash * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- Confessions from An Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- Perilous Pleasures by Jenny Brown * $4.99 * A | BN | K | S
- The Curse of the Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold * $0.99 * A | BN | K | S