First: I'm the guest at the BN Nook blog today, talking about Everything I Know About Love, I Learned from Romance Novels , and the lessons for happily ever after we've found in romance novels. Yay! Thanks for having me, folks.
Meanwhile, the Oxford Dictionary has found some obsolete terms of endearment, which I am going to put into regular use. Thank you to Ruth for the link.
And finally, AbeBooks has a feisty entry about embracing romance proudly – complete with old skool Harlequin trend analysis and recreation. My favorite part:
In fact, I challenge you, lovers of love, readers of romance, devourers of devotion – to take back the romance novel. Stand proud in line at the bank, paperback clutched in hand. Read boldly on the bus, not caring who sees. Make waiting rooms your reading rooms, with no apologies. After all, what better to do with romance…than embrace it?
Oops- forgot a handful of deals on ebooks today:
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer * $2.99 * A | BN | K | S
- Beauty and the Duke by Melody Thomas * $1.99 * A | BN | K | S
- Paris in Love by Eloisa James * 14.08 Pre-order * A | BN | K | S
- Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey * $2.99 * A | BN | K | S
- Flat Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy * $3.99 * A | BN | K | S