I hope you like it. My goals with the redesign were to make content easier to find, from features to book reviews to really active discussions, and to make participating in the site easier, with more options and fewer obstacles to joining the conversations. I've said many times when asked about the website that the content up here is maybe half of the reason people come to the site – the other half is all of you and your conversations.
(Squidgy moment: holy crap I missed y'all).
Some of the new features include:
- Subscribing to comment threads by RSS or Email (by request)
- A new comments system that lets you log in via Facebook, Twitter, OpenID, Disqus, and possibly your driver's license number
- Summaries on the main page, with full entries on their own pages
- A calendar of events on the main page
- A special area for the podcasts on the main page
- The ability to like, share, tweet, flirt with, simmer, dogear, question, and shake your groove thang in the vicinity of the comments. Well, some of those, anyway.
- All sorts of upgrades that aren't visible but should make the Bitchery more speedy and lithe, like a Regency heroine dressed in boy's clothing.
There is still little bits of work to be done, but if you notice anything truly and utterly out of whack, please let me know, either in the comments or via email at sarahATsmartbitchestrashybooksDOTcom.
Comments are welcome, too! I hope you like the new design — and that you read something awesome while the work was in progress!