Friday Videos Like Smiles

Vivienne sent me this link, and it made me smile-cry. I think that’s the point. This is a video of a little girl in Brazil seeing her face for the first time after cleft palate surgery performed by Operation Smile.

Link!

Have a great weekend, with an unlimited number of things to smile about.

Friday Videos

tea says:

Suddenly my tea’s a lot saltier.
    That just made my whole day.

I’‘m smile-crying too, now. What an awesome way to start my day. Thanks for this.

Kathy says:

Okay, I was bawling in the first 25 seconds.  What the hell??

That little girl’s smile will be haunting me for a long time.  It’s taken me almost five minutes since I watched it to be able to see well enough to type this.

Crystal says:

Yep, that did it.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go wipe my face so I can leave to chaperone my son’s field trip.  He’ll think something’s wrong.  How lovely.

Now my face is all wet.

I’ve seen their print ads for years, but this was 1,000 times more effective.  Yes, I’ll send them a donation.  Thank you for sharing this very special smile.

Kate Pearce says:

I’m smile crying too, That was wonderful.

Batty Tabby says:

Adding to the smilecryfest!!

KZoeT says:

I wiped away the tears long enough to make a donation. What a wonderful way to spend my lunch break!

Crystal says:

I love this.

Vivienne says:

So pleased you put this up, Sarah. I have no personal connection with Operation Smile – I just felt very moved and humbled by this beautiful little girl and wanted to share. If Operation Smile gets to benefit – so much the better :)

Mary G says:

Thanks
    Sometimes we need a reminder that there’s lots to smile about.

Vivienne says:

This is the UK link for Operation Smile:

JenD says:

Owgh, my heart just asploded. That was amazing, thank you for sharing it.

Makes me wish I had money to send. Time to get back to my project linus blankets, then!

rayvyn2k says:

Thank you for putting this up, Sarah. My late brother was born with a cleft palate…and after multiple surgeries (this was the late sixties) he had a most amazing smile. This made me tear up. Thanks again.

meoskop says:

I was teary before I realized it. Good reminder that sometimes the hospital is an awesome place to be.

Lyssa says:

One of my best friends was born with a cleft palate, so this video and organization is definitely one to support. I know she had to wait till she was 11 before she had her surgeries…so I am very glad that this little girl got hers so early in life. ((And my friend is in her 30’s now with 3 beautiful children just like their mom (smart, funny and beautiful) and a husband that loves her.)