Baltimore Book Festival and Other Upcoming Appearances

Book CoverI was using BookTour to create an RSS feed of upcoming events, but alas, it went out of business. And did I remember to grab my data before it went under? No, of course not (*headdesk*).

So I recreated my events calendar on Google, and wanted to post it here with a coming soon – I’m going to be at the Baltimore Book Festival on Friday, 23 September at 5pm. I’m part of the Ladies’ Night panel, and I understand it is going to be awesome!

Details are online. I also saw Libba Bray and Megan Hart on the Friday agenda talking about their books, so it should be a most excellent day for book types. I hope you’ll come on over for the Friday night panel – and introduce yourself to me if you do, please!

As for the rest of the events calendar, should you be curious, here it is, updated through 31 December 2011. In the Upcoming Redesign (dun dun dunnnn), there will be a small box (heh) with the calendar data, but if you were curious if my travels bring me close enough for us to drink together (which I am always up for!) here’s the complete agenda.

You can view the calendar online here.

One of the super awesome parts of having a book to promote is that if I travel, I invariably get to meet Bitchery readers. I hope, if you plan to attend an event I’m at, you’ll email me and let me know so I can introduce myself.

General Bitching...

Ken Houghton says:

No Brooklyn this Sunday??

Kathleen says:

Well, that’s interesting…your calendar showed up in Hungarian for me! Does that mean you are supposed to come here to promo too? lol. Bet you didn’t know that—október 30., vasárnap – is when you’ll be here. Congratulations and best of luck.

Donna says:

Have fun in Baltimore, nice city.
    And I’m not seeing Chicago. You’re not coming to Chicago? I’d pop for the pizza. Or the margueritas. Honest.

Spamword death65. Really? death65? YIKES! that doesn’t leave me much time…

W00t!  You’re coming to Naperville, my hometown!  Anderson’s bookstore is awesome.

@Donna, Naperville isn’t that far from Chicago, and Anderson’s is a few blocks from the train station.

Alyssa Cole says:

Man, I was supposed to go to Baltimore next weekend, but the trip got canceled! :’( I wish you dropping by the Brooklyn Book Fest this Sunday…

Aphasia says:

Come to San Francisco! Oh wait you can’t cause we don’t have any stores that sell romance novels now that the big chain stores closed. *pout* If you were in Brooklyn this Sun I would totally come say hi….

spamword cost25. I guess if it cost $25 I would not come by. hmmm. Sorry.

SB Sarah says:

Alas, no Brooklyn for me. I’m sorry. But I’m glad I’ll see some of you at Anderson’s!

And Hungarian? HOW AWESOME. I would love to go to Hungary to promote the book!

Kim in Hawaii says:

You are always welcome in Hawaii!

Stephanie says:

You should go to the DC book festival! I think it’s next weekend, and you’ll in in Baltimore, so you’ll be in the area anyway!

DreadPirateRachel says:

I’m a mere 300 miles from Bellevue, and I’d love to see you, but alas! I’ll be in the middle of a term by then. Also my niece is having a baby shower that weekend. Petty details.

Kathleen says:

OK, since you obviously aren’t going to be in Budapest October 30, here’s my favorite little musical tour of this fantastic city I call home for a bit.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqwFvU5vBrA

Donna says:

Was Naperville on the list this morning? How could I have missed that!! Naperville works so much better – and there’s a Lou’s right around the corner… or Francesca’s…

@Moviemavegal, want to go halfsies?

Beth Werrell says:

The Maryland Romance Writers will be at the Baltimore Book Festival in force! We have a tent and stage and lots of our authors ready for panel discussions, readings, raffle baskets, etc. Everyone (and especially SB Sarah) please come visit us!

darlynne says:

Oh, Sarah, huge props to you. Anderson’s is like, shoot, the best independent bookstore venue in the entire free world. OK, maybe a minor exaggeration, but if you ever wonder if you’ve arrived, you have arrived. They had J. K. Rowling for the publication of the first US Harry Potter book, and for the second, possibly third, when they had to use a school auditorium.

As for the depth and breadth of their romance section, I have no idea. No matter, it is a big deal to be invited to Anderson’s. Rock on with your smart, bad self.

@Donna, sounds like a plan!  I’m up for that.

H.L. Holston says:

It is sad to say that I have no idea where the Bank of America Salon is located. Is it at 600 N. Charles Street, the same as the festival?

As a native B’more girl, my lack of knowledge about my city is astounding. :) But I am going to try and come.

Donna says:

@Moviemavengal, I’ll be wearing a read carnation… No, no I won’t, but I think we’ll figure it out. Will we be seeing Darlynne, too, do you think?

darlynne says:

@Donna: Alas, no, I don’t live in the area any longer. You’ll have a great time at the signing and Naperville itself is a neat, vibrant town, lots of activity in the evenings. Can’t wait to hear details.

SB Sarah says:

@H.L. I hope I can find it! I’m told it’s a few blocks from the train station.

sugarless says:

I’m from right around B-more, (Annapolis, actually) but I now live about an hour away, which is definitely not too far to drive for this, but I somehow doubt that if I leave work around 5:30, I’m going to be able to drive through DC at rush hour and make it before 8. Which is why you should definitely check out the DC book festival, if just to walk around!

Manda says:

I live in Naperville! Can’t wait to see you!

Donna says:

Okay, Sarah, that’s three. You up for Italian?