JaneDrew wrote in looking for assistance on behalf of a friend of hers:
A friend of mine is looking for a book she read back in high school, and I told her I would pass along what she remembered to the fantastically well-read folks over at the Bitchery…
1) It was published between 2000 and 2003.
2) The book consists of two novellas, each focusing on one of two sisters.
2a) It may be classified as YA.
2b) The title might be something like “A Tale of Two Sisters,” except that searches with that title have turned up various books which are not this book.
3) It has a medieval (European) setting.
3a) The cover is done in what she described as an “older style,” with a forest in the background and the two sisters in the foreground.
4) The first story involves the older sister helping/marrying a warrior
4a) He may be in prison, possibly underground with a window, and the older sister helps him to escape
5) The second story involves the younger sister going off to find the man she’s supposed to marry
5a) Possibly on a boat
If you could post that, it would be great! She really wants to find the book, and has tried everything she can think of to track it down.
I’ve never read anything like this one – but it sounds cool. Anyone recall this book, or set of novellas?