It’s time to fill out your brackets for the 2010 DABWAHA tournament of books. If you’re not familiar with it, the DABWAHA is a bracket-style tournament that echoes the NCAA basketball tourney, only instead of college basketball, we’re using reader votes to determine the book of the year. I’ve got a lot of DABWAHA news, in convenient bullet-list format.
- The reader nominations are in – and each category is now complete with 8 nominees, one in each picked by readers!
- I am going to post the top 10 reader nominations in each category – because you need more books to read, right? Right.
- The complete list of nominees is online, too, in one easy-to-read list.
- The grand prize for the reader with the winning bracket this year? A 16 g white Wifi iPad! Woo hoo!
- In previous years, we’ve given away a spa gift certificate for the winning author whose book is proclaimed Book of the Year – this year, we figured authors like iPads, too, so the winning author will also get a 16g white Wifi iPad, as well. Woo hoo x2!
- Enough prize news, how do we play? Easy! Go to Dabwaha.com and have a look at the How to Play section for instructions on how to fill out your bracket. Then, click Tourney Site in the top menu to fill out your bracket.
- IMPORTANT: your bracket will not show up immediately. Each entry is stored off line and must be compiled and uploaded into the server in batches. This is done manually. By Jane. So she’ll collect the entries in groups through the selection period and upload them in groups. You should email yourself a copy of the bracket (there’s an option to do so in the bracket entry screen at the bottom) just in case.
- Deadline: March 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm. CST.
Any questions? Need suggestions on trash talking? You can ask in the comments or chat on Twitter with #dabwaha – get your game on!