Bonus Friday Video

I’m going to give you both a link and attempt to embed, but this dance fiesta from Amy is so, SO worth a watch.

View on Youtube or try to watch below:

Have a foot-tastic weekend.

Friday Videos

Jewel Dedmon says:

YAY! I love dancing and I love Friday videos!!!

Did I even see Rocky Horror in there? Wahoo!

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Dammit!

Kim says:

That is the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen!

Laura (in PA) says:

I saw this when it was going around Facebook a few weeks ago, and shared it with everyone I could think of. I just love it so much.

KatherineB says:

I SO must re-watch a bunch of these…

Erin says:

What a great way to kick off a Friday! Thanks!

Thank you!
    Is it wrong that I can name all the clips? I love dancing movies, will watch my faves over and over again. (Did I see Yolanda and The Thief in there?)

IL#1 says:

What a great video.  A great kick-off to a soggy weekend.  Thanks for sharing.

Nadia says:

Fabulous.

Hines and Baryshnikov.  Sigh.

ReganB says:

Wonderful!  Completely made my morning – thank you!

bungluna says:

Whovere edited this is a genious!

Kendra says:

OMG, that was wonderful with Fred, Gene and the other wonderful movies.  Thanks so much for the Friday Videos!

MelB says:

This is shear genius. What a way to get ready for the weekend.

SB Sarah says:

You are so welcome for the Friday videos – I enjoy them tremendously!

Zoe Archer says:

I think I’ll watch that video whenever I need the figurative shot of adrenalin in the heart. And then I’ll watch Bob Ross painting videos to calm me down.

Ellen W. says:

So many of my favorite movies! Strictly Ballroom sort of changed my life (I seriously think the real reason I was in lourve with this one guy in Jr. High was because he was a dead ringer for Scott.)

Also- it had to end on the Flashdance splash!

Blue Angel says:

Fabulous!  Great fun!  I’m going to forward it to all my friends.  Hey, anyone know what movie that clip of the French (?) court dancing down the stairs of Versailles?  “Marie Antoinette,” maybe?

Blue Angel says:

Oh, yes, it’s “Phantom of the Opera.”  Of course.

Daisy says:

Well if that doesn’t make you want to get up and move nothing will!

Great video – must go share with my daughter. ;)

Tina C. says:

That was fabulous!  Baryshnikov, oh my! *swoon*  And two of my all-time favorite dancing movies—Strictly Ballroom and Dirty Dancing.  That was some incredible editing there, also, to match the tempo of the clips so perfectly to each other and to the song.  Great Friday video!

Sandra says:

Fabulous.

Hines and Baryshnikov.  Sigh.

You said it, sister. Not the best movie in the world, but worth it just to watch those two dance together.

Baryshnikov. White Nights.

I am now officially in my happy place.

Carrie says:

WHEEE!

Barb says:

That video clip was outstanding!  So many movies brought back wonderful memories!  Thank you for that!

Kathy says:

Is it sad that I’ve seen all but 2 of those dancetastic movies!  Thanks for making my day a little sunnier!

bungluna says:

I don’t recognize all of the movies, and all I could find out was that 40 movies were represented.  Could we play name that movie?
    1. Saturday Night Fever

HelenMac says:

Bungluna, from the info at youtube:
    “Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, White Nights, Perfect, Saturday Night Fever, Blue Skies, Pulp Fiction, High Fidelity, Clerks 2, American Pie, Billy Elliot, Footloose, True Lies, Grease, Honey, Phantom of the? Opera, Step up, Step up 2, Moonwalker, West Side Story, Moulin Rouge, Mary Poppins, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Strictly Ballroom, Happy Feet, Singing in the Rain, Fame, Fame2009, Save the Last Dance, Mamma Mia, Mask of Zorro, Coyote Ugly, Wild Hogs, Get Smart, Airplane, A Knights Tale, High School Musical and Austin Powers.”

Me and my other friend who watches musicals with me:
    Got them all except for Perfect, High Fidelity, Honey, Save the Last Dance, Mask of Zorro, Wild Hogs and A Knight’s Tale.
    Not bad!

Elise Logan says:

Y’all. White Nights has some of my favorite dance sequences ever in any movie. Add to that the Dirty Dancing, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, True Lies, Footloose, Austin Powers, Rocky Horror and so many others… that is a whole 50 gallon drum of awesome.

Suze says:

Wow.  I’m a whore for dance movies.  I’ve seen almost all of those at least once.  Hmm, I feel a Strictly Ballroom viewing coming upon me tonight.  :)