It’s hard (heh) when you come up with a fantastic contemporary romance idea, one that could easily turn into a series, but you can’t figure out what to call the series. Every series needs a name – but what to choose? How do you pick? Maybe all the good ones are taken. Jill Shalvis has “Lucky Harbor.” Toni Blake has the “Destiny” series. Lisa Kleypas has “Friday Harbor” coming this winter. And that pesky, troublesome Debbie Macomber took, like, ALL the good words for every one of her titles, dang it.
Behold! Smarty Bitchypants Bitchenatin’® Technology to the rescue! We have come up with an invaluable tool for all romance novel authors, everywhere: A Contemporary Romance Novel Series Name Generator!
Go ahead, give it a whirl! Push the button. DO IT. If you don’t like the title you first come up with, click on the button again and again and again. Some are silly, and some are totally possible – and maybe already in production. And after you generate that perfect series name, you can enter in another Smart Bitch contest–this one requiring more than your page-refreshing skillz.
Your next contemporary series should be called:
- First, keep clickin’ that button until you get a title you really, really like.
- Write a 20-words-or-less pitch for your contemporary series. All submissions must be headed by the randomly-generated title; those without will be disqualified.
- Post the title and the paragraph in the Comments, or e-mail the entry to Sarah. Entries must be received before 11:30 p.m. EDT Wednesday, 22 September 2010.
- On Thursday, 23 September, an entry containing
ALL valid contest submissions will be posted(Jesus what was I smoking?) the finalists as chosen by me will be posted (there’s nearly 175 entries and you’re all too creative. Note to self: NEVER give Bitchery inspirational bacon). Read through those entries, and then There Will Be Voting. Yes, the winner of this contest will be democratically-chosen. One vote per person.
- You have 24 hours (or so) to vote.
- The winner will be announced on Friday morning, 24 September 2010.
- Prize will be a $25 gift certificate to the bookstore of the winner’s choosing!
So what are you waiting for? Generate that title and submit your entries, bitches!