The 2010 Literacy Signing…Music Video

Last night I wandered the 2010 Literacy Signing making a music video. With Ke$ha. Not actually with me but playing on endless loop in my head. It is only fair I share the ear worm with you, right?

Thank you to all the authors who let me film them (I’m sorry I could not use all my footage, as some of it was really wonky when I imported it) and who wrote all the lovely books I buy by the truckload every year. And congrats to everyone for raising over $62,000.00 in one night to fight illiteracy. That RULES.

(My apologies for the not-perfect editing. Lip-synching is HARD.)

MJ says:

That was awesome! Thanks from those of us left behind!

Kwana says:

Thanks so much for doing this. You made me feel like I was there. So much fun.

KimberlyD says:

That was adorable! And made me laugh!

I could tell a bunch of the authors were slightly embarrassed/self-concious. But I think they all did a fantastic job and should be proud to help you make that video!

Rita Sawyer says:

OMG! That was so cool. My 20 yr old son was like what are you watching? Next thing I knew he was in the bedroom showing it to my other son.

Terry Odell says:

Although I wasn’t there, add my congrats to the fund-raising. I volunteered for the Adult Literacy League in Orlando for over 15 years (until we moved away). Great cause, and I urge everyone to get out and find a literacy program where they live. Give of yourself. After all, if you’re a writer, you can’t succeed without readers.

Sewicked says:

OMG, I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. A hearty round of applause for all those authors; both for their incredible work, their efforts to support literacy and their lip-synching bravery.

Thanks for sharing this.

BTW, if you are at all crafty, consider donating bookmarks for literacy program graduates.

JJ says:

THIS. THIS IS SO MUCH WIN I CAN’T EVEN…

(Your) LOVE LOVE LOVE (is my drug)

Kendra says:

That was wonderful!  Really makes me want to go to RWA next year.  :-)

And THIS is why we love you! That was AWESOME. Thank you!!!

Bren says:

OMG why did you apologize?  That was awesome!  I can’t believe you did it so fast.  So cool to see all the faces to names I’ve been reading/hearing for years!  Thanks.  Congrats on the fundraiser.

SonomaLass says:

Laughed so hard I cried. Everyone looks so fabulous!  Great video, SB Sarah—thank you!!

Melissa W. says:

Hahaha! That was so cute! I loved how some of the authors were shy. I wish I could have been there!

Kaye says:

I can’t stop smiling (even though the song’s gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the day)!

Those authors showed some mad skillz with the Kesha.

Thanks for sharing. Your blog, your blog, your blog, is my drug.

Meggrs says:

Sarah, BIG props for this awesome vid, and I love love love (is my drug) how much fun the authors had playing along! Nice work, lady.

Kati says:

Whee! Fun video and VICIOUS earworm.

Damn you, Sarah!

Kim says:

Thanks for showing that. Romance authors have a great sense of humor.

library addict says:

What fun!

Story 26.  Yes, I imagine Sarah has at least 26 behind-the-scenes stories she could tell in the director’s cut.

Laura (in PA) says:

SO much fun! Thanks, so much – I watched it twice to see who everybody was. I love how Beverly Jansen got into it! Wish I could have been there, but this was the next best thing.

Anony Miss says:

I really don’t know why, but this is just making me cry so hard.

seriously.

I think….

I think it’s seeing all those authors as real people, who give so much to us, who worked SO hard to be in there signing THEIR books and being capital p Published…

There’s a lot of fulfilled hopes and dreams in the making in that room.

Not sure why that’s touching me so much right now, but I’m just sitting here crying. :)

(hormones? Yeah, probably)

Thanks for the awesome video. I might start liking Ke$ha now.

Pam Keener says:

OMG that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn’t like that song before but I see it in a brand new light. LOL I never could figure out why her closing line is there but you got it right GF.
    Love & Hugs,
    Pam

Maria D. says:

Fantastic Video!  Thanks so much for sharing

I LOVED THAT!!!

What an amazing job – so, so cool. :)

Kaz

Andrea says:

Man, it is not enough that I am green with envy that you have all these conferences in the U.S., now I can’t even watch the video because of geographic restrictions because of the music! It just says that because it contains music from Sony Music Entertainment I can’t watch it in my country.  No fair! Green with envy I tell you!
    Oh well, I’ll just have to be content to read about it.

Lyssa says:

I am teary eyed and I don’t know why…other than the fact that this shows not only authors meeting their fans…but also giving back in a way that leads to more. READING (Literacy) opens so many doors!

Rb says:

Seriously impressive!  Have fun!

Karen says:

Fan-freaking-tastic!  I feel like I was there and am not dying to attend this sometime.

Sasha white says:

Thanks for doing that. It makes me really miss not being there as I know y’all are just having a blast.

One word for this video!

Fantastic!

I only wish I was there….hopefully next year!

Awesomesauce! The next best thing to being there. Thanks, Sarah~  :)