Caption That Bedsheet Cover: The Winners

Oh, the fun of a Caption That Cover when the cover is so completely barmy.

Here, have another look:

image

Ahh. Nothing like some sweet, busty WTFery in the morning, right?

So, without further ado, the honorable mentions in our cover captioning contest. The entries ranged from…

The domestic:

Kathy: “Now look, this is how we hang the sheets at my mother’s house.  Are you watching?  See, it’s just that easy.”

Laurie: This is the way we wash the sheets (wash the sheets, wash the sheets), this is the way we wash the sheets, so early in the morning.

The silly:

Lisa Law: Look out your window at your man. Now look at me. Now look at your man’s nipple. Now look at mine…”

Snidley Whiplash: I couldn’t help but notice, the carpet doesn’t match the drapes

Ruby Duvall:

Hello, ladies. Look at my hand, now back at my chest, now back at my hand, NOW BACK AT MY PECS. Where are you? You’re in a hot air balloon, with the man your man could smell like!!!

The breasty:

Brianna: ‘Hello, I am your lactation consultant for today. Let me show you how to get your baby to latch on.’

Teshara: “Suckle here, my dear. It’s alright. I have a modesty cover…”

and The disgusting:

Chance: Hey Baby, ever heard of a dutch oven? no? excellent.

Elysabeth: Behold, the world’s most over dramatic dutch oven.

But the winner for simplicity and wit is Jen for “Jason failed to pitch a tent twice that night.”

HAAA!

Congrats Jen, and well done, you among the honorable mentions. Jen, please email me at sarahATsmartbitchestrashybooksDOTcom with the bookstore of your choice so I can arrange your prize.

And big mad props to author Alexis Harrington, who told us that during a book signing many attendees thought he’d written the book. So maybe that’s what the sheet is for? The original manuscript was written on cotton-poly?

Now – who has a yen to wash the bedsheets today?

Ha, fantastic—that’s my daily dose of juvenility taken care of, and how! Well done, Jen.

Barb says:

Aww—you didn’t give any of the vampire themes an honorable mention!
    Congrats to Jen!  Her caption certainly rocked.

Kelly S. says:

Okay, I had to follow the link to understand the who wrote the book sentence.  I had looked at the cover and thought, if Alexis Harrington hadn’t written the book who had?  Now I understand that the people thought the model had written the book.  So, sad.

sugar says:

Those are awesome!

Brooks*belle says:

I loved reading the entries—the bitchery is rather clever!

And always glad for the reminder that a daily dose of silliness is a good thing. =)

teshara says:

:D Later that night I was thinking ‘Bet you thought mantitty was for form not function’ but it was too late. :P

Jen = brilliant

Shae says:

Congrats to the winners! This was a lot of fun!

jennifer armintrout says:

There was one about a magician that was pretty funny, too.  This was one of the better caption contests in a while, I think!

Miri says:

So funny! It looked to me as if he was trying to dispose of the body.  It’s a CSI episode teaser!

tasha says:

so maybe i’m completely out of the loop, but—- what is a dutch oven exactly? the only dutch oven i know of doesn’t place it in the disgusting category.

Sally says:

I had to look it up, too. ^_^;;

Tasha says:

oh okay… thanks!
    my little brother is the king of the dutch oven then, and now the cover quotes are more hilarious.
    Jen’s quote was great, but I thought this one took the cake: