Books On Sale

Extra 14% off at eHarlequin

If it’s cold and snowy where you are, and you want books now now now, eHarlequin is having an additional-14%-off sale this weekend only for Valentine’s Day:

Save an additional 14% off and get a free featured book at eHarlequin this weekend! Print and eBook. Much of the time the specials are print-only but I love when they offer both.

The featured book is Sheikh Boss, Hot Desert Nights by Susan Stephens – there’s nothing better than someone’s sensual awakening, right? Question: is there Ambien for someone’s sensual awakening? What happens if there’s an anti-sheikh contingent determined to stop the sheikh-led sensual awakenings all over the desert, spiking all the water sources with sensual sleepening? Awakening the Sheikh’s Soporific Virgin? I smell blockbuster, y’all. Someone get Nonny on that, stat.

And would that be a Presents or an Intrique? Or a Presique?

Ok, clearly I goofed here or got mixed up – I’m sorry! Have some other links:

Too Good to be True by Kristan Higgins is free – thanks to brooksse for the heads up on that.

All the Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison is free – and thanks to Becky for the heads up on that.

I think what I did was link to the paper store – my bad. I always forget that there’s a separate ebook store for Harlequin. Here’s a link to the ebook store deal for the day, There are eBook deals as well as print – sorry about that.

General Bitching...

Suze says:

It’s sunny, warm, and beautiful in the northern wilds of Canada today.  I should get off the internetz and go outside, generate some vitamin D.  But I’ll probably buy some books instead.

JamiSings says:

Ack! Another Sheikh book? Man, when am I going to see “The Jewish Musician’s Sexually Repressed Bride”? *pouts* Tired of all the sheikhs having all the bedroom fun.

Please don’t make me have to write the darn thing. I SUCK at writing.

Kim says:

JamiSings, I was drinking a Diet Coke when I read your reply … and now I have DC all over my computer screen.  I like your humor … maybe there is a writer in you after all!

brooksse says:

Also, I just saw this on mobileread – the ebook version of Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins is free on Harlequin’s website. I just downloaded it… no coupon needed.

Lisa A. says:

D’OH!

I just bought Kathleen O’Reilly’s back list on Friday!  Talk about bad timing!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Other than the SBTB blogger bundle, I wouldn’t know what else to try from HQ.  Author suggestions anyone?

Lisa A says:

From what I can tell, the offer seems to be only for print books.  See the little offer blurb I’ve pasted in from their site…

—————————————————————————————————————-
    This Friday’s deal:
    Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy our weekend sale and when you buy 2 or more books, you’ll get our weekly featured book absolutely FREE! (Your FREE book will automatically be added to your cart.)

Valid until February 14, 2010, 11:59 p.m. EST. Free book is subject to change. Quantities are available while they last. We reserve the right to substitute. Offer excludes eBooks and Themed Collections.
    —————————————————————————————————————

Plus the discount isn’t showing in my cart for an ebook purchase I’m trying to make. :(

brooksse says:

@Lisa A:  Harlequin’s ebook site mentions using a coupon code to get the extra 14% off:  MYVALENTINE

It also mentions the free Kristan Higgins ebook.  The coupon wasn’t needed to download the free ebook.

Becky says:

I was also able to grab the e version of All the Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison for free at the Harlequin website.

got47- Actually this time I only got 2.  I’m still well stocked from the last ebook sale!

Nadia says:

Excellent!  I ordered two of Brockmann’s old TD&D categories as ebooks – I’d been waiting for re-releases in paperback that don’t seem to be happening – and got the free Higgins book while I was there.  I liked one of Higgins’ books, picked it up after people raved about her here.  The next of hers I grabbed was a DNF for me, though, but figured “free” was the perfect price to give her another go.

Carin says:

@Lisa A – I LOVE Sarah Mayberry for straight contemporary.  Home for the Holidays is probably my favorite so far.

HQN, a Harlequin brand available at the store has Victoria Dahl who I also LOVE.

Lisa—I’m a sucker for westerns so I like Linda Lael Miller. I just ordered her newest contemporary western last week. They’re like comfort reads for me.

I also like Kristin Higgans too. I’ve also heard a lot of good things about Sarah Mayberry but I haven’t tried her books yet …

bluesea says:

Thanks for this informative Topic
    Keep it up

Lisa A says:

@ brooksse—Thanks so much!
    @ jennifer Estep—Yes I got the latest Lael Miller because of her cowboy promotion featured here recently, and I got the free Higgans to try
    @ Carin—Thanks I got a couple of Mayberrys to try, I’m already caught up on Dahl’s backlist ;)

After asking for suggestions, I remembered that Jill Shalvis has done a bunch of category titles I haven’t tried, so I stocked up there too.  Thanks everyone for your help!

JamiSings says:

@Kim – Sorry I made you spit DC. LOL

I can’t help it. As a singer I find musicians hot, especially piano players. And I really want to see more Jewish heroes. But as for writing, I’ve tried, honestly. I’m great at coming up with characters and plots, but actually writing them I just can’t do. Dialog won’t come, fight scenes elude me, it always comes out sounding like some emo high schooler’s essay.

So I have to just keep posting and hope one of the people here who actually has the talent for writing takes my ideas and runs with them. You should see all the stuff I posted in the Urban Fantasy thread. Such as weredragons and my lust for scrawny men with big noses.