There are some big plans on the horizon and the time has come to enter the land of excellence: internship! Below the fold are details on an internship opportunity for Smart Bitches and Dear Author. Feel free to forward, copy and paste and send to all and sundry (but be careful with sundry, as I hear she’s a bit wonky today).
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me at sarahATsmartbitchestrashybooksDOTcom.
DearAuthor.com and SmartBitchesTrashyBooks.com, two of the leading romance novel blogs in operation today, are seeking an intern for the spring 2010 semester to assist with a variety of assignments. This internship offers experience in:
* New media
* Database administration
* Content management
* Community administration
* Public relations
* Promotion and marketing
* Social networking
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as a point of contact for multiple social networking sites and participants
* Community and organizational outreach
* Assist bloggers in drafting postings, emails and other outreach materials
* Develop innovative ideas for how to best engage our social networking site followers.
* Research up-and-coming social network services
* Sub-focus in online marketing
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Preferred but not required knowledge of Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
* Preferred but not required knowledge of database administration and content management
* Strong Communication skills in English (written and verbal)
* Strong organizational skills
This internship is unpaid and is for 10-15 hours per week of work, schedule to be determined by mutual agreement. The busiest time for the task schedule will be late February and March, when extra hours may be possible, though never more than 20.
Dear Author and SBTB will work with university to establish college credit for work performed, but we make no guarantees. Open to students in the US and Canada only. (Sorry, awesome folks in other countries!) Applications are due by 25 January 2010. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information to apply:
Your address (school please)
Current Graduation Date
Your experience and reason for your interest (150 words or less, please).