Help A Bitch Out

HaBO: Blue Sally and the Owls

Stephanie writes:

When I was just a teen (late eighties,
early nineties) my first foray in to romance was to steal mom’s
Harlequin’s off the super-high top shelf of the bookcase—safely tucked
behind the potted plants, of course. I remember reading one that I
abso-lu-ute-ly loved! The identifying details are few, but hopefully they
will spark a memory in someone:

—It was a contemporary romance—not sure if it was Harlequin, but it was
one of those skinny books that was definitely put out by some romance club
on a monthly basis.
—The heroine drove a blue car that she named ‘Sally.’ She may or may not
have collected rocks and kept them in her car. She definitely was all about
the environment which leads into my next clue,
—She was trying to save the owls.
—The hero was—I think—a construction person that was somehow destroying
the owls’ habitats.
—Of course she convinces him to stop killing woodland creatures and they
fall madly in love.

I want to read this again, dammit! As far as romance goes I think this one
was pretty tame, but I would love to get my hands on a copy of the book that
first gave me that “super special” feeling!

Help a Bitch Out

Joanne says:

I did search’s but came up with naughta………

JamiSings says:

No help here. Just have to say Blue Sally & The Owls sounds like an awesome name for a motown group.

I don’t have a name for you, but this rings a minor bell.  I’m thinking that I can see the cover in my mind’s eye and, if I’m correct, it might be a Loveswept.  Good luck with your search.

Liz says:

Blue Sally & the Owls would make an excellent name for a Motown group.

Unfortunately, i’m no help either.

Joanne says:

Love Blue Sally and the Owls…….LOL

Lisa Hendrix says:

Is it Lightning that Lingers? (by Laura London, aka Sharon and Tom Curtis, Loveswept #25)  Doesn’t match in many areas—hero is a wildlife biologist specializing in raptors, when he isn’t working at his regular job as a male stripper (!), but he’s raising some owlets.  Description here:

Lily says:

…hero is a wildlife biologist specializing in raptors, when he isn’t working at his regular job as a male stripper (!), but he’s raising some owlets.

Seems to me like raising nocturnal owlets would interfere with prime stripping hours!

Sally says:

I know this one!! I read it recently—last month, I think. It’s Love Your Enemy by Ellen James.

Back cover summary:
    The Bride led the anti-Jarrett protest.
    the Groom was Jarrett!
    And the Wedding?

There’s only one possible outcome when an immovable object meets an irresistible force….

Lindy MacAllister’s battle to protect a small colony of burrowing owls had been with Aldridge Aviation, a big, impersonal company. Until she met Aldridge’s Nick Jarrett and her enemy became one man—a man as stubborn as Lindy was herself. A man with gold-brown hair and blue eyes, who inexplicably touched something vulnerable inside her. Consorting with the enemy was proving hard to resist.

JamiSings says:

EEE! Sammy Davis Jr reference! AWESOME!

Stephanie says:

Sally,

I looked up the book you were referring to, Love Your Enemy-

AND YOU FOUND IT!!!!! happy happy joy hoorah hooray!

That is indeed the book I have been looking for for the last couple years!  I have ordered a copy and it is now making its way here as we speak!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart, bitches!

*happiness*

Lisa Hendrix says:

How appropriate that the book with Blue Sally and the Owls was uncovered by a Sally!

Elizabeth Wadsworth says:

Of course it isn’t, but it sounds a hell of a lot like Hoot by Carl Hiaasen.

ping says:

Wake up to a world full of colour!

At night, when we are feeling tired and ready for bed, owls are just waking up. But this curious little owl decides to stay awake all day, instead of all night, and discovers a world bursting with colour! HP0-S16 JN0-331 1z0-050 642-453

But when the night-time comes around again, the stars above her head are still the most beautiful of all.