Sony Style has a very cool page called Words Move Me, where users submit short passages from written works that they find memorable, moving, or personally important. They’ve come up with a rather neat promotion and have asked me to take part in helping spread the word about Words Move Me.
Oh look! A widget! Here are some examples:
So let’s get to celebrating the words that move us and have us a contest!
If you register at Words Move Me,, you can add your own passages from books and poems that rock your world, and tag them. Tag your entries with “SBTB,” and I will pick two of the tagged entries as winners.
The winners will receive a Sony Pocket Digital Reader.
BE YE WARNED: You cannot edit your entry once you hit “SUBMIT” so if you want to be considered for the contest, make sure to tag your entry with “SBTB” so I know you’re participating.
You have until Thursday, 3 December at midnight EST to enter your passage of choice at the Sony Words Move Me site. You can enter as many times as you like.
Your entries can come from romances or any other published work you adore.
I will pick the winners from those entries at the Words Move Me site and announce them on Friday 4 December.
A few additional disclaimers and random pieces of information:
- The Sony Pocket prize has been provided by Sony USA.
- No animals, small children, or muskrats were harmed in the provision of the Sony Reader.
- For off-road use only. As seen on TV. Many suitcases look alike. Your milage may vary. Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Sony has asked me to inform you that my compensation for this contest is a whole other more different Sony Pocket, but I’m giving that one away, too, so two winners will be named. Therefore, I’m not so much compensated as I am going to the post office. WOO!
- Let’s make sure the USPS has a happy holiday, right? Right. Ergo: this contest is open to anyone on the Earth.
- If the winner is on the North American continent, I will do my gol-darnedest to make sure the Sony Pocket winners receive said Sony Pockets by Christmas. If you’re outside the US, Canada, or Mexico, I have no earthly idea how long the prize will take to get to you, but I’ll send it anywhere.
I have to say, the Words Move Me page is some pretty slick awesomeness, but there’s not a ton of entries in there yet. So let’s fill the page with literary excellence that rocks our collective worlds. I can’t wait to read your entries. Ready, set, go!