We’ve got a hellabig contest this week, and I’m so excited about it. Flowerpot Press, the folks who produced the Harlequin Notables collection of paper goods with vintage Harlequin covers on them, have provided two amazing prizes. If you are one of the two winners: you get the whole collection.
Yup, you read that right. We have two tote bags (good thing they’re big bags) filled with one of every item in the Harlequin Notables collection. Not only do you get to keep your favorites but think about the potential: this prize would take care of a LOT of gift shopping for this year, wouldn’t it? There’s address books, notebook, matchbook-style notepads, postcards, and journals – one of every item, twenty pieces in all. I’ve seen the hardcover notebook (in the hands of Harlequin CEO Donna Hayes, and don’t think I didn’t ponder grabbing it and running, trust me!) and I have one of the matchbook notepads – these are awesome fun to have. Anything that is as awesome as “The Widow Gay” or “Virgin With Butterflies” is bound to inspire creativity, right? If you win, you get a mountain of papergoods – and if you’re like me, that sets your pulse rate a little higher. I love me some paper goods.
To enter, email SarahATsmartbitchestrashybooksDOTcom with a title makeover. Take the title of any romance novel and redo the title, vintage Harlequin style. The Playboy Sheikh’s Virgin Stable-Girl? Could be “Pardon My Lizard.” The Flame and the Flower (and many other old skool romances)? “Thank you for raping me.” Silver Angel? “The Playboy Sheikh’s Virgin Harem Girl.”
- Entries are due midnight EST, Thursday 19 November 2009.
- Email your entry – DO NOT POST in the COMMENTS – to me with “NOTABLE TITLE” in the subject line at sarahAT smartbitchestrashybooksDOTcom. Subject line: NOTABLE.
- Contest is open to international entries, and if you win, unless you live on the space station, we’ll send you the big bag o’ awesome prizes.
- ONE entry per person, please.
- There are two prizes, both the same; ergo there will be two winners. Voting will begin on Friday 20 November, and winners will be announced Sunday 22 November.
Any questions? Let me know – and may the best title win.