Friday Videos are All About Kiwis

This video (which may be too big for the column but is still amazing) will drop your jaw and give you chills.

General Bitching...

tea says:

That is just the COOLEST thing I’ve seen thus far today.

lawiet says:

That was amazing.

ghn says:

Wow!! I don’t really approve of defacing books, but I can make an exception for something like this!

Bernita says:

Thank you.
    Brilliant , in a surreal-Esher kind of way.

Anne D says:

Very cool! and a little homesick making as I remember all those places the train goes through on it’s way through to Auckland. CAnt imagine the time it took to work through that.

Maurice Gee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Gee) is a great writer. He writes lots of kids books – Under the Mountain scared me silly when I was a kid watching it on TV. They serialized the book as a tv show.

Ohh! Now that I go google it I see they are making it into a movie with Sam Neil Yay!! http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/under-the-mountain/international-trailer

Like I needed another reason to lament my delayed emigration to the awesomest country in the world…

joanneL says:

Is that the author’s voice?
    Whoever, it’s absolutely wonderful!

Cher Gorman says:

Wow!  Fabulous!

Cher

Stelly says:

That was amazing!  :D

Sharmaine says:

Love. This. The accent of the voiceover guy made me homesick, the pages crawling over each other made my heart skip over and over. Holy guacamole. Now THAT is a book trailer.

Where do I get someone to do that to one of my books???  JEALOUS!

JamiSings says:

It’s cool but because of the sound effects and echo I often couldn’t understand what was being said. Could use some closed captioning.

ShellBell says:

Love the video. Wonder when the video was made as I think the book was released in the early 90’s

I loved the TV series too – recently released on DVD so I must buy it for another watch and should really look for the book to read. Can’t wait to see the remake – I think it is due out in NZ in December.

Saam says:

thank you, that was awesome.

Amazing video, even though there was a teeny corner of my mind screaming, “Noooooo!  They’re defacing a book!”