Friday Videos Love the Hoff

To Luisa go all the thanks for all the Hoff. Behold, the literal video for “Hooked on a Feeling” originally recorded by Blue Suede, then covered (badly) by The Hoffster.

True story: when Hubby and I got married, this was our “first dance” song – the real one, not the Hoff one – and then our “last dance” was our wedding song, also not by the Hoff. So I freaking love this song, even if it’s Hoff flying over a weird guy with a cube.

Friday Videos

About SB Sarah

My name is Sarah. I like to go outside.

Bethany says:

The literal videos are great – if you haven’t had a chance to see the Total Eclipse of the Heart literal version ( Bonnie Tyler) and the literal version of Meatloaf’s I Would Do Anything for Love… it’s worth a trip to YouTube.  The Bonnie Tyler one had everyone in stitches here.

Glass56:  I believe they broke 56 glass danglies on the Chandelier in Meatloaf’s video.

Deb says:

Don’t want to spoil your memories of the perfect wedding, Sarah, but Blue Suede (or was it Swede?) did not do the “original” version of “Hooked on a Feeling.”  That honor goes to B.J. Thomas.  It was quite controversial at the time (mid-1960s) because there was a belief there “hooked on” was a drug reference.

Man, I feel old!  But the Hoffster makes everything better.

Spam filter:  Seems66.  Well, not quite yet.

ks says:

Holy crap that was brilliant.  The best one so far (although the Take on Me one is a favorite).  I really needed that this morning.  Thanks.

SB Sarah says:

I don’t know what’s more awesome: that yet again I have been schooled by the Bitchery (thanks Deb!) or that one of my favorite songs was originally recorded by a guy who went by “B.J.”

I can take my after lunch nap with a big smile on my face now. All is awesome with the world.

Deb says:

Even better—after a successful pop music career (the high point being singing “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” for “Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid”), B.J. Thomas became a gospel singer.  I think he won a couple of gospel grammys.  Still goes by B.J. too!

Sybylla says:

:)  “Take on Me” is still my favorite, but this is at least as good as “Penny Lane.”

“It’s like the Nothing never was!”

I lost it at that point.

MicheleKS says:

Thanks be to the Hoff. That was mega-cheesey with a side order of serious laughs.

Though I will say ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ is by far the funniest literal video I’ve ever seen.

Paul says:

They’ve taken a great thing and somehow made it better.

j says:

I like the crazy original version, too!

My take is he did the video for his wife, put in their two daughters, and gave it to her as a prezzy. It’s full of family in-jokes.

And the vid got leaked.

They broke up in the end.

I don’t know if the vid tribbed to that.

I’d sure hate for my home movies to wind up on YouTube.

Just ask Rob Lowe about that kind of thing. ;>)

—-
    Good grief, the word on the image below thing is “wrong67.”

BWAHHHH!

Deb Kinnard says:

Totally worth the 3.5 minutes it took away from writing a synopsis. I’d rather have Hoff as a houseguest than write a synopsis…they’re that bad.

Laura says:

You don’t know me, but I just had to write and says that this just made my Sunday. I cannot believe that something like this even exists. Drunken cheeseburger eating is clearly the least of the Hoffster’s problems.

The spinning video cubes just about did me in.

Kit Donner says:

I love this song! (not the Hoff version) We played it at my wedding too. I thought I was one of the few people that remembered it!  Why doesn’t the Hoff go to Australia and stay there?  I mean, maybe he’d like it.