Friday Videos Love Social Media

From Carrie Lofty: prepare to LOL like AOL.

“How will you be able to translate all this into sales and revenue?”

“Listen… don’t ask stupid fucking questions?”

That’s the part where I fell off my chair. OMG. HAHAHA.

If you’re curious about what social media is, and like stories with cute animation and parallel analogies, have a look at this one:

Social media: “real people [voluntarily] playing a role in feedback, organization, and promotion.” Check out the whole CommonCraft series here. They are rather amazing.

Friday Videos

Carrie Lofty says:

That’s the second week in a row where my procrastination turned up something postable. Go procrastination!

Elise Logan says:

The first vid was hysterical. I think I know that guy….

The second vid was great. I’m definitely going to be checking out their site. Hey! Look! Social media at work!

ps – spamword is moral 47. is that a hint?

Mary Blayney says:

Just the laugh I needed. Love the line “Your analog attitude”—

LG says:

::sigh:: If it weren’t for the fact that the place I work doesn’t even have enough money to deal with understaffing problems, I could see something like that happening at work.  A plan to get ourselves a “Facebook presence” has been in the works and/or on hold for several years now.  Maybe I’m naive, but our last meeting made me believe that we’ll actually be going through with it this time.  You know, if we can ever get past the “but we need a list of policies before we can even sign up for an account” hurdle.  At least we’ve got a blog.  Unfortunately, hardly anyone at the university besides us even knows it exists.

Priya says:

Oh that is so funny.  Thanks for making a quiet Saturday night in a little bit more lively.

JaniceG says:

First video was fabulous and too true. My company’s mgt has decided that we should be doing all sorts of promotion and documentation in new social media, including Second Life (“Ooooooh, shiny”) even with no real proof that it results in revenue or increased sales. I’ve just sent this to my equally frustrated boss, and I’m sure he’s going to love it too.

Anne D says:

“That means I’m super fucking awesome” hahahah!

Melissa S. says:

I’m in a graduate program right now to become a social media guru. Yeah there’s more to the program but that is a large part of it.