Accidental Romance Dong

It’s time for… Accidental Dong, Romance Style, with your hosts, Kay Hooper, Gena Showalter, and Kresley Cole! Well, technically they’re not the hosts, but they’ve got dong-ful books.

If you’re not familiar with Accidental Dong, there’s this hideously addictive website full of… accidental peens.

And then there’s the sharp eyes of romance readers, where, much to my gasping shock, there are ACCIDENTAL PEENS EVERYWHERE.

For example: accidental old school peen? Oh, yes.

First: this eBay item, an original cover illustration for a Loveswept romance. Check out that skirt. That HAIR. That shirt open but STILL TUCKED IN!

Gosh, it’s almost worth $350.00.

But when you see the original cover, oh, there’s even more partly peen with a chance of phallus. The illustration was flipped for the cover of Kay Hooper’s Rafferty’s Wife, but the effect is still there.

image

Y’ALL. Y’ALL! You are IN A PEEN!

But that’s nothing compared to the glance-and-look-again peen noticed by Kathleen, who emailed me and said, “Could it be? I think it is…..wait- I REALLY think it is – yep – an accidental dong – and a frozen one too!”

Want to have a look?

image

It’s even more noticable in the desktop wallpaper provided by Gena Showalter for your downloading and winterpeen pleasures – here, have a look:

image

Shiver his timber!

So, what do you think? Accidental Popsicle Dong? Dong of the Frozen North? I think it’s more of the latter, because, looking closely (verrrry verrrrry closely) it seems that there’s no way the light would hit the rigid muscles of his abdomen in such a way to only illuminate that particular ridge – unless, of course, it was Frozen Popsicle Dong they were after!

I hope Cole and Showalter will autograph my copy ON THE DONG when I next see them.

shuzluva says:

Y’ALL. Y’ALL! You are IN A PEEN!

I have never read a better shout out to peeps in coverland.

Me too!

spamblocker: wish47
    I have to wish 47 times before I get my copy signed there?

rebyj says:

OMG! LOL at the frozen peen. The HECK with accidental peens, after all these years of seeing female body parts inside and out I say bring on the peens ON PURPOSE!!!

There should be a special award for Gena Showalter and a call to arms to all authors and cover artists. Play more hide the wiener on the covers. It’ll be romance readers sort of ” where’s waldo” game.

I’d say it looks more like he’s got a white squirrel in his pants, with the fluffy little tail peeking out.  Of course, what the squirrel is doing in there is another question.  Looking for nuts?

rebyj says:

Edited to correct:

There should be a special award for Gena Showalter AND KRESLEY COLE and a call to arms to all authors and cover artists.

SB Sarah says:

I have to say, I think he might have named his dong.

And it’s name?

Winter.

Why?

Because he wants you to give it a DEEP KISS.

nu uh… I’m still calling it Frosty the Snow Peen.

rebyj says:

Wouldn’t the tongue stick like licking a frozen flag pole? LOL

:: flash backs to A Christmas Story ::

Puts a new meaning to, “you’ll put your eye out, kid.”

Angela James says:

Wait. I have a copy of Rafferty’s Wife. I would happily sell it for a couple hundred bucks, accidental peen or not.

Tina M. says:

I downloaded the desktop wallpaper, but never noticed that until now.  LOL! I was fascinated by his abs, but now… :)

Y’all are making me flashback to this article on Florida lawsuits I read this morning, the one about penis pain brought on by allegedly defective underwear.

Don’t be drinking your coffee while you read this, please.

pericat says:

Vintage accidental peen: this time the man in the moon.

Alpha Lyra says:

It’s a peensicle!

Niamh says:

OMG I just looked at the accidental dong website for the 1st time and nearly fell off my chair. As an Irishwoman and carrier of euro coins all the time I had no idea I was carrying around a purse full of peens!! I just went and got my purse to check!! it’s true!! plus it’s not just the €2 coins, it’s every coin because the front of all our coins has the exact same image, it’s only the back of every coin that has a design specific to each country!!
    I will never look at my bus/train fare in the same way again!!

haha

peensicle

, hilarious Alpha Lyra!!

Katie says:

I can’t see the frozen peen! I feel defective. Can everyone else see it?

MFL says:

It’s posts like this that keep me coming back to this blog

And I had to google peen and dong to find out what they are. Yikes!!

Marla says:

“winterpeen pleasures”

I am literally LOL. Milk came out my nose! Which is weird because I wasn’t even drinking milk.

CupK8 says:

Oh no! Now I will seen peens everywhere and my classmates will be wondering why I am giggling like crazy. Once I explain it, they too will seen peen everywhere and it will explode (hur hur) all over campus!

Betsy says:

Even more soul-crushing and addictive than Accidental Dong:
    Awkward Boners.
    Sorry, but it had to be said.

DS says:

I read the whole auction and am now sniggering.

Great for hanging anywhere you have the wall space.

Obvious seller is obvious.

StephS says:

Katie said: “I can’t see the frozen peen! I feel defective. Can everyone else see it?”

Katie, look right above the belt buckle on the picture.  See the white?  (I’m just here to help…)

Wendy says:

nu uh… I’m still calling it Frosty the Snow Peen.

It’s a peensicle!

“winterpeen pleasures”

OMG!! I’m Laughing so hard I hurt!

Sarah C. says:

Don’t feel bad Katie I couldn’t see it either. Until it was pointed out to me. (pun is entirely unintentional. Well maybe it was unintentional .  No, No that’s my story and I’m not changing it.)

SonomaLass says:

Fabulous!  I saw y’all tweeting about this, but couldn’t read my blogs until my grading was done, so just now getting to the peensicle.  Maybe they will use this idea when they make the fourth Twilight movie?

And Betsy, thanks so much (I think) for the Awkward Boners site.  I’m a fan of Accidental Dong, but that’s a whole new level of WTF.

Oldbitey says:

From this latitude it looks like that Peencicle is just about tucked under his chin.

mingqi says:

thank you so much for the laugh and for the link to that addictive site!

willaful says:

There are no accidents. Especially in graphic design.

LizzieBee says:

omg. I think I might actually OWN this Loveswept.

Beki says:

Darlene, I cracked UP over the man’s “ruined” trip to Hawaii.  What a fabulous morning this has turned out to be!

@Beki—

When I see that much wonderfulness involving penises, lawyers, Florida courts and ruined vacations, I feel compelled to share it.