A few pieces of news from RWA:
- RWA registration comes with a thumb drive from Harlequin preloaded with three books: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels, Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly and My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent, plus the complete Heart of a Woman art exhibit. HOW COOL IS THAT?!
- There’s a new session on the calendar! 4:30 on Thursday 16 July:
Digital Initiatives with Malle Vallik, Rachel Chou, Rachel Vincent and moderator Sarah Wendell
How are authors and publishers innovating and using technology to connect with readers? Come to this session to hear from Harlequin’s Director, Digital Content & Social Media, HarperCollins’ VP, Online Product Development and Operations, an author using technology to reach her readers and a blogger that excels at online marketing.
Details on location are available on a flyer at the RWA Conference registration desk. Hope you can make it.
- Yes, the Digital Rogue session is still on: 8:30am on Thursday morning in the Harding Room. NEW: We have a Most Awesome Doorprize, and you have to be in it to win it—meaning, you have to present to win.
- The Smart Bitch Bootleg Booksigning is on at 3pm on Thursday 16 July. I’m sending out the text message with location details now. Hope you can join us.
- As usual, I’m having a daily Twitter contest – in the morning, I’ll tweet the secret phrase or task, and the first to find me in person with the phrase or task gets a prize. I’m not above requesting interpretive dance, so get ready.