Books On Sale

Free Kindle Book from Samhain

Kiss Me AgainStarting today until 4 July, Dee Tenorio’s Kiss Me Again is free, cheezy bread, free, for all Kindle-type users. This book is a contemporary romance about a woman who wants one last shot at the man she’s always wanted, a man who would never let her in.

Happy free reading, Kindle-folk!

General Bitching...

Jessica G. says:

Why does Samhain always do their freebies for Kindle only? Too bad, if I tried out a freebie I might buy some of their books. So frustrating.  /rant

jmc says:

Still shows up as costing $3.60 when I go to Amazon.

JaneDrew says:

I agree; I love the idea of free ebook giveaways, but find myself running into the problem of not having a Kindle.

Zoe Archer says:

I downloaded it and was charged $3.60, also.

Laura (in PA) says:

I want a Kindle. :(

Suze says:

Are there any handy apps out there that translate from Kindle?  Or is that illegal?  And why should it be illegal to buy a book and then convert it into a format you can use?

Damn the DRM!

Why do publishers make it so hard to buy from them?

SB Sarah says:

CRAP. I have no idea why it’s not working. CRAP. I got the date right form the press release, too. Lemme ask what’s up.

Joy Bowling says:

This is why kindle will rule the world.  I don’t like missing the free books but am happy with my Sony.

Tina M. says:

I checked the price and it is free now.

Lisa Amrine says:

Sorry – Amazon didn’t flip the switch in time. Contact amazon and tell them you purchased the book in error and you will receive a credit.

Jessica G. says:

Is it OK if I complain again that Samhain sucks for not sharing this with other ebook readers?

Natasha says:

No I am 100% with you on this. Why just Kindle, that excludes all potential customers bar the ones in the States and of them only the ones that have a Kindle. I think its quite narrow minded of them.

Overquoted says:

I don’t know…according to the video, 16 Minute Orgasm, dead men CAN rain. I’m not sure I wanna go there.

That said, Amazon offers it as a promotional item and I’m willing to bet Samhain gets paid from it from Amazon’s coffers. As if the occasional freebie would induce me to pick Kindle 2 over SR 505. Hmph. I’ll take my Blood Engines and Kiss of Midnight, thankies.

Sarah says:

If it makes you guys feel better, I have a Kindle and I cannot find this supposed free book. So there’s that.

Tina M. says:

Okay, dl’d it…now I need to find the time to read it.  Thank you again for posting the free ebook notification.

Jessica G. says:

I just sent a tweet over to Samhain, and they responded right away saying they would send it over to marketing – keep your fingers crossed!

Frank Tuttle says:

Thanks for all the comments!  I hope those of you who picked up ‘Dead Man’s Rain’ enjoy it.

Frank Tuttle is a brilliant writer and I love this series, which just gets better and better. If you can read this, however you get your mitts on it, I think you’ll find it well worth the effort.

Lisa Amrine says:

Overquoted wrote: That said, Amazon offers it as a promotional item and I’m willing to bet Samhain gets paid from it from Amazon’s coffers.

Actually, no we don’t. When a Samhain title is offered for free it is truly free as no money changes hands.

As for free titles in other formats – something is in the works so yes, I do hear you so stay tuned. :)

Lisa Amrine, Marketing Director
    Samhain Publishing

Trina says:

Got my free copy! Thanks, Samhain!