Let me just say, that if you guys open a hotel, I’m coming to live there. Picking a winner for the heaping pile of signed books was not easy!
- Cirlot described rooms that I wanted to go play in, and so many of you came up with romantic pairs that were perfect.
– Tessa’s Cal and Min from Bet Me suggested by many!
– Meaghan’s Jamie and Claire from Outlander
– Saam’s Margaret and Thornton from North and South – the BBC version, if you’re not familiar with it.
– Kerry D’s Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe
– Beatrice and Benedick first suggested by Melissa S.
– LoveCow2000‘s Joan Wilder and Jack Colton from Romancing the Stone, one of my all time favorite movies, especially at the end when they sail a boat up Park Avenue.
– Sancha’s Adam & Amanda room, after Adam’s Rib
– Lyra’s Eowyn and Faramir, because, rwor. Kickass!
– Jennie Blake first suggested the Tommy & Tuppence Beresford room, which, oh, please. So adorable.
Special mention of couples who aren’t really couples but so work:
- Seton’s Fred & Ginger – awesome idea!
– And big smooches to RebyJ for the Smart Bitches room – MWAH.
But I had to pick one, because, well, duh, there can only be one. So: the winner: Rae, and Rae’s husband: for a truly strong heroine and equally smoldering hero: Han & Leia.
Ron & Hermione are a lovely idea, too! To say nothing of the potential of Lloyd and Diane, or Niles and Daphne, or Harry & Ginny.
What I love about all the ideas, particularly Rae’s, is that the couples are not only happy in their ever after, but you’re happy for them as a reader, and sharing that joy by staying in a room with a theme based on their story is just FUN. And, if you’ve been at the Inn Boonsboro (and you should SO GO OMG), outrageously wonderful.
What, too much schmaltz? Feh. I haven’t had coffee yet. The cranky is in the caffeine, don’t you know.