Books On Sale

A Long Hard Ride, Free For Your Kindle

Book CoverSam Hain (not, as I heard incorrectly, related to Sam Adams) has released another book for your Kindle to nom: Lorelei James’ Long Hard Ride.

Gee. Wonder if it is erotica. Hmmm.

ETA: This is the description from Sam – these always make me giggle:

Warning: This title contains the following: lots of explicit sex, going strong long after the cows come home, graphic language that’d make your mama blush, light bondage with bullropes, ménage a trois, and – yee-haw! – hot nekkid cowboy man-love.

James is an author I’ve heard really good things about, so I’m pleased to feed Sir Kindle the Fusspot a title to try out. Thanks Sam!

General Bitching...

Victoria Dahl says:

DAMN IT! My kindle won’t be here until… Gah! Forever! And it doesn’t look like there’s anyway to get this story now and hold it in the bank until my Kindle arrives. Dang. Sounds hot too. *pouting*

CourtneyLee says:

I don’t have a Kindle and I haven’t read Lorelei James yet, but my fellow manlove junkies tell me that this was a great read.

I love Sam’s content warnings, especially on their MM books. Much more fun than the old “this book contains yadda yadda that may be objectionable to some readers” line.

policy59: it is my policy to love on Sam Hain as often as possible

Erica says:

@ Victoria Dahl if you have already ordered your kindle, you can go ahead and order the free books.  You don’t have to download them they will just stay on your account forever.

Once you register your Kindle you will be able to download everything from your digital library to the device.  See this thread for more info

Hilcia says:

Ha, I bought Rode Hard, Put Up Wet and Cowgirl Up and Ride from the same series—love, love the titles, lol!  I’m just upset that I won’t get my Kindle until end of February :(

shaina says:

grrrrrrr how i wish my dad had agreed to buy his parents’ kindle from them so I could use it! i would use it so much more than they do…ROAR.

Jessica G. says:

@Victoria – if you had gotten a Reader you could be snuggled up with it already :p

Actually I’ll be downloading your book “Talk me Down” this week. I don’t usually read contemporaries but I heard so many good things. Although I should probably read “Rake’s Guide to Pleasure,” since it’s already on my bookshelf. Argh! Too many books to read!

Sarah L says:

This was the first Lorelei James title I bought, and it is very, very Hot with a capital H. I have some minor quibbles with the dialogue, because I’m a nitpicker, but damn can that woman write a sex scene. Now I’ve bought all of her books…it’s an addiction.

Victoria Dahl says:

Thank you, Jessica!!! *big grin*  Here’s a tip: TMD is light and fluffy and Rake’s Guide is more angsty. So whatever you’re in the mood for!!!

Erica, THANK YOU TOO!!! Wow, what a relief. I’ll check out that other thread!  (Amazon threw me, because it looked like the only choices were “wireless to your Kindle” and “register your Kindle now!” ) Whew.

Love. Love. LOVE this series and everything Ms. James’ has written and will write. Seriously, this has to be one of the best series ever.

ehren says:

I wouldn’t mind so much if these free books were things I actually was interested in and wasn’t “teh gay” with its content. I’m sure everyone has their own feeling about gay romance, but I can’t stand it and it squicks me to think of two guys getting it on. I love my men, but not together.