Running Again?

Book CoverRemember the high stepping lady who showed up everywhere, from multiple book covers to ads for leg vein surgery?

Alert reader Lenna B. sent me the link to “Wife in the Fast Lane” by Karen Quinn, because the cover seems to feature yet another version of the high-stepping lady. Or, perhaps, the rest of her body.

Have a look. She’s moving forward, that’s for sure.

Cat Marsters says:

Actually, she looks like she’s making a Bruce Forsyth pose.  Nice to see her, to see her, nice.

Silver James says:

At least Touchstone, Quinn’s publisher, has better photoshoppers on staff! I bet that model wishes she’d get a royalty.

Laura Hamby says:

Is she skipping? Marching? Looks painful.

GrowlyCub says:

That’s one singularly unattractive picture and cover.  I feel for all the authors who get stuck with a version of this awfulness.

Midknyt says:

I think she looks even weirder with her head attached, and I realize exactly how off that sounds as I say it.

The pose was always a little weird when it was random legs running away, but it was okay.  Now we see what kind of an awkward position you put yourself in to achieve the nice leg pose, and it looks horribly unnatural.

It looks like she stopped for a quick workout.  “Now ready!  High knees, high knees!  Get them up there!  Good!”  Honestly, how would one end up in such a position?

It also looks like you’d be getting quite the view if you were seeing this from standing on the other side of her.  She’s showing off all her goods – maybe that’s what the weird run is for?

And I just noticed her bag has a third handle…not as good as a third arm, but hey, they’re trying.

Tina C. says:

Honestly, how would one end up in such a position?

I was just thinking the same thing!  What could you possibly be doing for the human body to end up in that position?, to be exact.  If it wasn’t for the arm swinging behind her, she’d look a lot like the woman on my exercise tape when we’re at the knee lift portion.  I don’t think you could pull off knee lifts that high with your arm behind you, though.  Walking up steep stairs wouldn’t do it, either.  Going up a ladder might, but still, not swinging the other arm out behind.

It’s the most contorted, unnatural looking pose.  Granted, it’s not the broken-hipped, flopped across the ground with masses of improbably hued hair, a guy in a poofy shirt, and just possibly a third arm “unnatural”, but still.

Karen says:

I just tried to recreate that pose – including the arm thrown back – and I nearly fell over. I definitely couldn’t run like that. I’m baffled as to why this bizarre image keeps getting used on books about super busy, speedy, frenetic women. It is simply not possible to run and high-step at the same time.

Randall says:

You’re all wrong.  She has obviously just had a glass of Captain Morgan rum.

ms bookjunkie says:

You’re all wrong. she has obviously just had a glass of Captain Morgan rum.

ROFLMAO!

Ziggy says:

Heh. This woman is everywhere!! I saw her legs on a stockings package in Italy earlier this year. Nice to finally see her face. If that is her face.

SEO Test!!! says: