Ok, Enough Teasing

Enough teasing. We’re ridiculously amused by our cover, and it’s about time we showed it to you, so, you ready?

It’s a work of art, a book cover… well, really it’s visual game we call Find the Hidden Phalli with your hosts, Sarah, Candy, and Touchstone/Fireside.

The cover of the Smart Bitch Book, Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches’ Guide to Romance, due out 14 April 2009, isn’t at Amazon yet (sorry folks) so this (and our email inbox) is the only place you can find it, and a few other hidden images.

Maya M. says:

but that IS more teasing – the little picture box says ‘no image available’

SB Sarah says:

Maya: Oops. Amazon doesn’t have it yet. MY BAD.

Click the other link.

Anne Douglas says:

Hey, I used an ‘instrument’ shaped like that piece of pottery like that in a sex scene recently… :)

Angela James says:

I’m super excited to read this book, you guys. The cover is awesome and hello…cover quote from Nora? How hard does that rock. I want a cover quote from Nora! (never mind the fact that I don’t write anything except a blog). I can’t wait until April. Wheee!

SB Sarah says:

Angela: Thank you! You rock.

Anne: Our editor, Sulay, is going to be so pleased to hear that, because she thought the “sculpture” was the funniest part of the image.

Jaci Burton says:

This is the most awesomest cover ever!

And what Angie said about the Nora quote. Holy sheet!

That’s one gorgeous cover.  I love the color scheme, and the retro 50s feel.  Bonus points for the suggestive sculpture and the woman being a redhead!

That rocks!  And here’s how you know I’m from San Francisco…when Angela said she used something like this in a sex scene recently, I pictured an S/M type “scene” in real life.

Mel-O-Drama says:

Ditto Angie on the cover quote

and OMGWOW what a great cover. It’s bodice-rippertastic! Congrats, ladies. And thanks for ending the teasing. Was rather mean.

Finally, the cover! Love the clinch, the dark-haired hero, and my favorite – the redheaded heroine. Whoo-hoo! Can’t wait to get my hands on the book. I bet it’s informative and snark-tastic!

Helen M says:

ZOMG! The cover is awesome, and I cannot wait for the book to come out.

Oh. When will this be in the UK?

(and it looks wonderful—I’m so looking forward to reading!)

JenB says:

When I opened the image, my eyes went straight to the two objects on the table (right side) that look like butt plugs.

Does that tell you what subgenre I read the most? lol

Fabulous!  Love the retro look and the Nora quote is just about the best thing ever.  Congrats!!

Lynn M says:

Ohhh, it’s already on my Amazon Wish List! I can’t wait to read this. Fabulous cover, and a quote from La Nora deserves big kudos. Congratulations, ladies. You’ve hit the big big time!

azteclady says:

April… okay, late b-day present for self *bouncing* this is sooooo cool!

Anya says:

Lol, I love the sculptures and the woman in her little pink dress.  Very naughty.  Can’t wait for it to be April!  Congrats Sarah and Candy!

Jessa Slade says:

Yup, the pink French maid/nightie is delightful, and his undone string tie… Perfection. I have friends who need a copy too, so they can finally understand the wonder of romance.

Lyra says:

Congrats! That looks fantastic.

I’d love to know how you communicated your desires (especially for that sculpture) to the art department.

Becky says:

Love the cover!

Will the Smart Bitch Manifesto be available on Kindle?  Those teases over at Amazon never seem to say until it’s ready for download.

Congrats, ladies! Looks awesome! :-)

Carrie Lofty says:

Retro = win. Congrats, you two. Revel in your awesomeness!

Suze says:

Whee!  I love that both their faces are flushed, and that she’s NOT using her free hand to maintain her balance, but to either tug down or tug up her little nightie. The cover is awesome!

SonomaLass says:

Woo and Hoo!  And also w00t!!  That cover is full of retro awesomeness and romance mojo all over the place.  I cannot wait to have it on my shelf.  And YES, I will be buying a REAL DEAD TREE copy, and probably a few extras as gifts.
    (And holy sh*t, who better than La Nora for a cover blurb!?! You rock, Ms. Roberts!)

Since no one else has shouted it out, I want to recognize the lady who knows a heel when she sees one—Rae Kay for the win!

CT says:

In saying this, I’d miss Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND my birthday but….MAN, I wish it was APRIL already.

Man, it’s about time!  Thanks for putting an end to the teasing.

Willa says:

I cannot wait to read this book! Perhaps a few teaser excerpts for us while we wait and pine for the release date? (said in a wheedling tone.)

Anon76 says:

Well, I’m thinking the hidden phalli is on the back of her left leg, just below her knee. Right there in the bottom corner.

Of course, I’m blind as a bat lately, and my small screen doesn’t help much, LOL.

Joanne says:

Woot! Really Excellent cover!

and yeah, if Nora stops writing she can make a decent living selling cover quote tattoos.

Man, I was waaaaaaaaaay off on the headboard pic….

Elizabeth Wadsworth says:

The book looks great!  It’ll be out just in time for my sister’s birthday, too—I’ll have to order multipole copies.