I have to check out of my room today because I am a doofus, but here’s a brief item highlight of yesterday:
1. I filmed an Author Talk segment with Jane from DA, and one of the following things did not happen:
a. I trounced her silly behind in the wall banger competition
b. Jane cracked me up retitling different Author Talk member’s books
c. We made out on film
d. Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter beat me senseless.
Guess which one!
2. I volunteered at the registration desk and ended up helping set up the luncheon instead. But I got to go “backstage” and meet some RWA staff folks who are so cool you can’t even believe it.
3. The Thirsty Bear cocktail party was so awesome, I’m dreaming of the food right now. Readers! Nifty people who read our site! They came! So it was this awesome mix of local reading awesomeness and people from the convention taking a break from the schmooze-fest, and I loved it. Angela James, Zoe Archer, Kate Duffy, and Carrie Lofty have a great idea for some new erotic historicals. Ask them about it – it’s so good lightning will strike.
4. I have to remember for next year that I must buy coffee creamer and ask for a fridge, because I’m all about making my own coffee, but not at all enamored of powdered creamer. So I have to head out in a minute in the hunt for caffeine.
5. The session on Theft of Creative Property that I am moderating is at 11. I’m introducing Jane and Nora Roberts, who really don’t need an introduction, but Nora’s friends and Jane helped me craft a Top Five Little Known Secrets list, which I hope I can use.
6. Jet lag is not my friend. Really. Not in the least. Thank heaven RWA is on the east coast next year.