Links and Giggles

First, a word of advice: if you perhaps have a migraine that brings on breathtaking nausea, there are many, many places you can hoerk in New York City. And, since it’s 98 degrees, the city has a very special odor that will help that nausea right along. That is all.

On to more fun things (you know, now that I can open my eyes and all).

Wanna own a miniature of the man who could be Mr. Darcy? (*SWOON*) Thanks to Bitchery reader E.W., we have news from the Scotsman

(Ach, laddie!). Seems a watercolor of one Mr. Thomas Lefroy is set to go to auction for as much as £50,000.

In Punk Ass American Dollars, that’s about $4.5 badrillion. Possibly zillion.

Are you crafty? Like to crochet? Enjoy this most excellent collection of What Not to Crochet.

From ToroHo, Katie and Carol: Dinosaurs write romance. And yes, blowing things up makes it alll better. (Hold your mouse still on the image for additional lines.)

And can I just say, that the phrase, “Flesh them out” kinda gives me the squicks?

General Bitching...

Cassie says:

The links, make them stop…

I don’t even crochet and I just spent like ten minutes looking at fugly stuff and laughing my butt off!

Lisa Hendrix says:

Oooh, you have outdone yourself.  Darcy, tacky crochet and romanceosaurs all in one post.  My morning is complete.

TracyS says:

I spent WAY too much time on that crochet site.  My grandma crochets and I am thinking about asking her to teach me. Thank goodness she has never made anything like that!!

annemjw says:

As for Dinosaur Comics, there is extra funny to be found in the archive title, the alt-text, and the email subject line. There is also a follow up to the Romance Novel in today’s DC!

EmmyS says:

I crochet and knit, and have both “what not to” sites in my feed reader. Some are just downright wrong.

You Knit What?!

EmmyS says:

Oh, and the Dinosaur Comics? Thanks so much… it’s not like I don’t already have enough feeds to follow…

Sarah Frantz says:

Oh, good God, no.  Lefroy had nothing to do with Darcy, dammit.  Becoming Jane is complete FICTION, people, FICTION with one famous name attached to it, but fiction nonetheless.

SB Sarah says:

Look, Sarah F, not all of us can have Colin the Succubus Nymph(o). So if I want to drop a badrillion dollars on a guy with a weird chin who might possibly be Mr. Darcy, then quit pooing on my parade of self-delusion.

Unless miniature portraits of Colin Firth are also available. In which case, I’m saving my tiny, tiny dollars, so disregard my initial statement.

Brandi says:

If the comments in the 2005 archives are anything to go by, crocheters are a rather wanky lot.

Melissa says:

Shoot, if I had $50K to spare I wouldn’t buy the LeFroy picture.  I’d have been the top bidder in Colin’s Oxfam auction on eBay.  I’d have gotten the two tickets to Mamma Mia in London and a meet-and-greet with him that night!  Plus two rolls of film.  :>

CW says:

Instead of a portrait of LeFroy, could I maybe have a real live James McAvoy (who played TLF in Becoming Jane)? Thanks.