Friday Videos like Baseball and Shakespeare

Karen McCullough sent in a video link that so amused me, I watched it twice, sent it to Hubby, and am debating about unleashing it on the entire 12 member manager roster of my rotisserie baseball league (yes, confirmed, I am a dork). Nothing is better than mixing Canadians, baseball, and Shakespeare.

“‘Tis a tale told by an umpire, fill of sound and fury, signifying one-nothing.”

Friday Videos

Nathalie says:

TV or no TV, that is not the question!!!

Ahhhhaahhaha!!!

Man, I needed that. :)

Perfect summer fun!  Thanks for sharing.

Gennita Low says:

That was just excellent!  I’m going to share it with my biz partner who has to read Shakespeare in class.  He moans about missing baseball all the time.

Suze says:

Ah, Wayne & Shuster! Sunday night TV through the 70’s. So campy. And so much fun!

out36!

Tinkerbon says:

CLAS-SIK Canadian comedy, thank you very much!

I grew up on (Johnny) Wayne & (Frank) Schuster, and their very literate and ahead-of-it’s-time brand of comedy. Sadly they have both now gone on to that great Yuk-Yuk Club in the sky. I used to pray that my family wouldn’t go to church on Sunday evenings, just so I could watch Disney and W&S!!

Sandra D says:

Oh man, where was that when I was in high school and we had to go to Stratford every spring. I was too young to appreciate Shakespeare then but THIS I would have enjoyed lol.

spaminator: indeed14, no I think I was indeed16 the first time I went.

Robyn says:

Fabulous. I wish they were still around.

miaserene says:

I was in this in high school. Well, a very low-budget student adaptation of this, anyway.

I’d completely forgotten about it.  I think I was a last minute stand-in for…MacDuff.

Speaking of classic sketches, it occurs to me a Shakespeare-recast of Who’s on First might work….

Anj says:

Get thee to an optomitrist!

amazing. That is so funny.

thank you. so. much.

I wish I’d been able to see them. This was freakin’ brilliant.

MS Jones says:

I think my favorite line is “Alas, poor Durocher, I knew him. A man of infinite lip.”

Thanks for sharing this.

Susan/DC says:

Having seen two Shakespeare plays in the past week, I actually recognized the source of some of the lines—which only made this funnier.  Thanks so much for posting.

Spam filter is work85—no, I didn’t go to work today but helped build a house with Habitat for Humanity (anything to get out of the office on a beautiful day).

Mary Lynn says:

Hmmmm…  an acquired taste methinks!

Arsie says:

Yay for Wayne and Schuster!

They’re awesome.

Jools says:

absolutely brilliant.  Thanks for sharing.  I have a friend who is crazy about baseball and Shakespeare.  He’s going to so love this!

LDH says:

Hahaha!!!

That’s AMAZING! I think that the Macbeth bits at the end were my favorite just because I had to memorize the “Tomorrow and Tomorrow” soliloquy. It’s all pretty wonderful, though.

I’m glad I’m in theater, because it means that I have so many people to send this to.