Happy Independence Day!

Hello to all our British readers! 231 years ago we declared our independence from you – aren’t you, like, seriously bummed? I mean, you too could have a politically divided society with a pesky terrorism problem and some big issues to conquer in your next elections. Wait, never mind.

In the spirit of celebrating the independence of the United States of America (Motto: “Independence? Let’s celebrate by grilling things and lighting things on fire!”) we present to you these fine gifts from the heart and mind of MamaNice:

image

image

And a special Hoff Moment from BevL, should you wish to caption – you know, if it’s not all out of your system yet.

image

Fun And Games

Happy 4th to you bitches as well! Thanks for the smile – I can almost hear the Hoff singing now…

MamaNice says:

Damnz all u bitches, I cn’t control myself! I see a Hoff…and…must…copy…to…photoshop…can’t resist!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have fun today all, and keep the sparklers of your pants.

Ann Bruce says:

The midget hiding behind meeee

Now that you pointed it out, I find it oddly disturbing. Good thing the pants don’t match The Hoff’s, otherwise it would lend credence to my theory that The Hoff’s really an alien in disguise.  2 arms, 4 legs, no talent…

Oops.

It’s early. I probably just need some eggs and bacon.

Oh, and happy 4th to everyone south of me!

Happy Independence Day, y’all!  Here’s my quote for the day:

“Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it.”

George Bernard Shaw

Walt says:

Like the male version of Jessica Biel…

e says:

A very Happy 4th from Berlin—I’ll go to the B’burg Gate and pay homage to that singer for freedom, the Hoff.

Estelle Chauvelin says:

Well, to be fair, John Adams did basically say we should celebrate by lighting things on fire, among other things:

“It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.”

True, he was writing about July 2nd, when Lee’s resolution on Independence was actually voted on, but close enough.

BevQB says:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! He’s EVERYWHERE- it’s HOFF MANIA!!!

Jayne at Dear Author has even more Yankee Doodle Hoff!!

Happy 4th to all of you! I hope it didn’t rain on your BBQ (sayz the girl who’s been rained on a lot this past week).

Cat Marsters says:

Ah, the colonies. We miss you…but our aim is getting better.

Jackie says:

Every time I think of July 4th from this side of the Atlantic and start to wonder if we made a mistake, I remember I get 8 weeks paid leave a year and the feeling goes away… ;)

Joanna says:

Politically divided society – check.

Pesky terrorism problem – check.

Big issues to conquer in our next elections – pretty much check.

Got all that over here in Old Blightey already, thanks.  What we do wish for is a Starbucks on every corner…  Oh right… we’ve got that too.

Ummm.  (*Thinks very hard*) ……….. Oreos?

Cat Marsters says:

Got those too, Joanna.

But I wish we had Tootsie rolls.  And, why can’t I find raisin-bran muffins here?  Sigh.  I’ll have to go to RWA next year, just for the muffins…

Angel says:

Ah, the colonies. We miss you…but our aim is getting better.

*g* Ah! I love Fourth of July on the Internet best for the faux Brit/Yank antagonism, I think.

Karmyn says:

*As der Hoff* Damn, I mentioned the war. Maybe if I impale myself on the flag, i can win back their admiration* /Hoff

Joanna says:

Cat – you’re right.  I saw Oreos in Sainsburys this morning.  Didn’t buy them though.  Being a born and bred Scot, I instead filled my trolley with Tunnocks Teacakes. I highly recommend you try a Tunnocks teacake the next time you feel the yen for a raisin bran muffin.  They taste nothing like raisin bran muffins but they will help you forget the pain.

BevQB says:

Okay, so let me make sure I understand this- Oreos are scarce in the UK? *shudder*

Please tell me you at least have Peanut M&Ms because otherwise I might insist y’all get deleted from the list of civilized countries.

Emma says:

They’ve definitely got M&Ms, peanut and plain, and whenever I’m in the UK I stock up on them because for some reason, British M&Ms ARE SO MUCH TASTIER!  The chocolate is higher quality…

Cat, dear, we must talk.  We’ve visited each other.  You’ve eaten in Texas and I’ve eaten in England… a lot…  (How the hell did I gain 10 pounds in 11 days, what the fucking fuck??? it had to be the sweaters)  Anyway.  You have better cheese, better chocolate, better food names (toad in a hole?  Who cares what it is, the name’s brilliant), easy access to things like smoked salmon sandwiches, pasties, and those pancake thingies with yummy stuff in ‘em we got on the way to your friend’s flat, and oh yeah, way the hell and beyond better cider.  They didn’t even have cider here—I looked in 5 different liquor stores, not counting bars—and finally I had to have it specially ordered.

And with all this good food around you, you crave TOOTSIE ROLLS???  The faux-chocolate wax joke of the candy world?  No, really.  You would actually eat that, on purpose?  Next you’re going to say you love candy corn and I’m going to have to call the mental health deputies to come cart you off.

Woman, you’re sick.  But at least I know what to send you for Christmas and it’ll be a lot cheaper than that Spike figurine.  Shall I trade you a year’s worth of Tootsie Rolls for a year’s worth of, say, Aspall cider?  One a day, yes?  Yes.  Glad that’s sorted out now.