Bunny Hats

Hello. I’m Nora Roberts, Bobblehead.

See? It says so right here on the base.

And I’m signed. Right behind my shoes. See?

Sarah: “Nora, ma’am, since you’re standing on my dining room table, do you mind if I try out a hat on you?”

Nora: “Yes. I mind.”

Sarah: “Even if it was a giant bunny held up by a salt and pepper shaker?”

Nora: “Yes. I mind.”

Sarah: “I’d like to see how you’d look with animals perched on your cranium.”

Nora: “Yes. I mind.”

Sarah: “I’m sorry it’s not a swan.”

Nora: “I am not.”

Nora: “This is not a good look for me.”

Nora Roberts says:

The bunny is trying to eat my brain!!

Please help me.

(Hey, my bobblehead ass looks pretty good.)

Even a bunny on your head doesn’t diminish your credibility!

Gotta get me a Nora bobblehead :)

E.D'Trix says:

Dear Sarah,

I love you. Will you marry me?

Love,

E.D’Trix

Kaz Augustin says:

ROFLMAO! What a perfect start to the day. I think I’m in love with you too, Sarah.

Sarah and Candy—hi! I’m one of the zillions you met in Dallas. As I mentioned before, I’ve lurked here for more than a year. Now that I’ve met you—on the couch outside the bar with Kalen Hughes and Victoria Dahl when Jennifer Echols came by with her NCRA plaque—I feel bold enough to come out of lurkdom and comment here.

I want a Nora bobblehead!! She’s so cute. Anyone have tips where I might get one? Hope they’re planning to issue another bobblehead, this time with her to-die-for awards gown.

Eileen says:

Nora- if I may be so bold, you have a heck of a heinie. It is almost enough to distract me from the bunny on your head. I think there should be a whole writer bobblehead series, Roberts, Crusie- collect them all!

Ann Bruce says:

Bunnicula just popped into my head.

Ms. Roberts, does Turn the Page still have any bobbleheads bobbing around?  You’d go nicely right next to Iginla.

Anonymous says:

I’m so photoshopping a swan hat on that to make it cool :)

Nora Roberts says:

You can indeed order Bobblehead Nora from TTP. They ship everywhere. Signature behind my shoes on request.

Bunny not included.

Eileen, thanks for the heinie pat.

SandyO says:

‘I’m so photoshopping a swan hat on that to make it cool”

Anonymous, do you really want the wrath of Roberts coming down on your head like some big ass swan?  ;)

Spamword: stop69.  I don’t think so.

Anonymous says:

Why not? She’s come down pretty hard on everyone else.

And not only will the costumes be remembered, people will also forever remember (good or bad) that Nora Roberts posted about 40 posts ranting over a hat…

God, it’s priceless.

Teddy Pig says:

LOL! I love you!

I was good for me. You want a cigarette?
    I am having one after that.

I want to see thigh highs next.

Gwen says:

HAHAHAHA!  You folks are BENT!

You could have used a stuffed donkey and called it an Ass Hat.

Or a stuffed kitty and called it a Pussy Pillbox.

(tee hee – ass hat – sorry)

(guffaw)

megalith says:

“The bunny is trying to eat my brain!!”

Hee! Reminds me of the corporate zombie song:

All we wanna do is eat your brains
    We’re not unreasonable
    I mean no one’s gonna eat your eyes…

or is that “thigh highs”?

megalith says:

Oops! Bad HTML, no linkie. Could one of the SBs fix that, please?

type91 because clearly I can’t

megalith says:

Or, you might be just a *tad* busier than I am right this moment, right, SBs? Lord, I’m tired of myself right now.

Let’s try again.

corporate zombies

respect23     That’s eeevil scary stuff, bitches.

Nora Roberts says:

~Nora Roberts posted about 40 posts ranting over a hat… ~

I didn’t rant.

While you may think my interest and comments in the discussion priceless, I’ve alway found anonymous shots cheap.

Don’t make me sic the bunny on you.

Elyssa says:

God, this is priceless.  Love the bobblehead!

Hi Keira *waves*

Gwen says:

~Don’t make me sic the bunny on you.~

Wasn’t that a Monty Python skit?

Anonymous says:

How I loved the title of your post.

When Husband and I were dating, we used “bunny hat” as a code word for condom.  (As in, “I think it’s time for a bunny hat” or “Did you bring any bunny hats?”)

It was the year Roger Rabbit came out, and the whole thing came from the line “Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?”

Oh, Nora are you holding one of your books?!?  That’s the most awesome part about it! (AND with a tasteful blue cover! *g*)

MamaZ says:

Dear Anonymous:

If you say that what people will remember from this year’s RWA was Nora’s rant, then you have a narrow or should I say little point of view. I will remember how RWA stripped the epubs of their deserved recognition and how the authors lobbied on their behalf. I will remember Kate Douglas making a statement that kicked some ass. I will remember the excellent strawberry-lemon cocktails which I consummed while saying hello to Diane Whiteside or when I hugged to death Jaci Burton and Angela Knight who incidentally looks fabulous. I will remember behaving fangirly when I met Kelly Armstrong. But most of all I will be grateful that I did not bring my sons to this year’s RWA. They are hunters. And they would have shot that swan hat on sight.

Mel-O-Drama says:

I’m sooooo gonna order a bobblehead…or 10. One for each room and each car and my desk. I hope I can keep my husband’s hands off that tight bobblebutt…

But it won’t be the same without the bunny hat…Where oh where can I find me 10 bunny hats?

dismayedreader says:

A cheap shot, Dear Nora, (and extremely unprofessional of you I might add) is you publically attacking 3 authors for their choice of dress at an event. You’re not their mother. They are professionals and have the right to dress however they want. I thought they looked great and it’s about time RWA events became less stifling.

Do you think the average reader feels comfortable with getting autographs from a plethora of business suits and diamonds?

No thank you. I’ll keep my $6.99 from now on because you bunch of snobs don’t need it!

And I’m anonymous because I’m a lurker/reader. You don’t know me and after the way you act on this website, I SURE don’t want know you.
    so I’ll just be dismayed reader

And yes, dear, you did rant.

dismayedreader says:

And I’m sorry you think I have a narrow view of the world.

My entire problem with this is authors attacking other authors in the name of professionalism. Come on, now. I don’t care if the “face” of romance is the one doing it or not. Maybe it’s time for a new face? One that doesn’t attack others?

That’s all I’m saying. I’ve read through this for a few days now and I can’t believe the degree that one hat and a pair of stockings upset a woman that sells more romance novels than anyone.

It’s beyond ridiculous.

It wasn’t one rant and move on, it’s was about 40.

Come now? When does she have time to write all those books when she’s on a site that calls the very books she’s defending “Trashy” being pissy over a hat.

I thought they all looked fabulous!

And those 10 interviews given at RWA (all in the name of the romance genre weren’t to promote her work at all I’m sure.) What a martyr!

I’ve said my piece I feel better and I’m going straight to buy some Shomi books and a Kenyon. Simply because their presence pissed off Nora so bad she’s stewed for over a week!

Sorry, but that’s fucking hilarious!

Nora Roberts says:

~I’ll keep my $6.99~

That’s $7.99, $26.95 in hardcover.

dismayedreader says:

Oh Sorry, it takes me two hours of work to purchase your hard cover and I’m college educated.

I should’ve paid more attention to the price…thank you for correcting me.

I’ll keep my $7.99 and $26.95 in hardcover and invest it in some authors that appreciate it more and wouldn’t begrudge anyone else trying to promote themselves and have a little of what you have…

Nora Roberts says:

Dismayed, I feel you certainly came into this already annoyed or pissy at me. Why else single me out among all the commentors—particularly since I never attacked anyone?

I post here because I can post here and not feel like I’ve got a target on my back—that people like you so enjoy aiming for. The simple fact that you you brought this here instead of posting it in the salient thread is very telling.

So now, I must consider you a troll. No more cookies for you.

Jody says:

I started reading this website because of the whole issue about Liz and Marianne, who are friends, and both of whom I admire tremendously.

But I have to say, I think the comments about Nora are getting down right rude.
    Challenge her arguments, not who she is as a person.

She’s stated her position and while it took me a few posts to understand where she’s coming from (I didn’t know about the Dallas article). I don’t necessarily agree with her, but I admire how passionately she’s trying to defend the genre.

You’ll notice, you don’t see a lot of other veteran authors jumping into the fray and there’s a reason.  Many have given up trying to change people’s minds about the genre. But clearly not Nora.

(Who knew she was a cock-eyed optimist?)

By the way, SB’s? The Harry Potter covers?  Haven’t laughed that hard in ages.  Thanks.

Jody says:

ack, horrible grammar mistakes in previous post. Up working (or procrastinating before working) and have not had enough coffee.