Monday Night Nora on Lifetime TV

Shaina sent me a heads up to the following: Monday night football? Pah! Monday Night Nora on Lifetime TV starting Jan. 29.

I knew some of Roberts’ books had been optioned for film, but I didn’t realize the air time was so soon. And now that I’m looking at the casting list, well, DAMN. John Corbett? Claire Forlani? And a “Where’s Nora?” cameo contest? Ha!

Shaina said it best in her email: “I don’t know whether to be really really excited or really really worried. They could be awesome. But what if they’re horrible?”

I replied, “I know – do I want to watch or do I want to keep my own mental version of the story and how I saw the characters? It’s a big question – but good on her for getting the movie deal and NOT having her books become typical Lifetime TV movies, like “Tears in the River of Wind: The Gassy Jenkins Story starring Valerie Bertinelli.”

Of course, from what I know of Nora Roberts, to put it plainly, the lady takes no crap from nobody, nohow, so if she’s excited and pleased with the script interpretations and the casting decisions, then I’m going to expect that it’s a long way from horrible. According to her site and the Lifetime interview, she thinks the writers, producers, directors, and cast fulfilled her view of each story, and “got” the books in terms of meaning and message.

I am so setting the DVR for all four, since my opportunity for two straight hours of television viewing are few and far between, unless it’s a Wiggles marathon with a slightly cranky Freebird, the SB Toddler.

News, The Link-O-Lator

Lila says:

They are doing Carolina Moon! Yay! I remember thinking what an amazing movie it would be as I was reading it.

jmc says:

Would it be heresy to say that I’m glad the Nora movies will show after MNF football is over?  ‘Cause I heart MNF (except John Madden, I have to mute it b/c his adenoidal voice) and it’d be hard for me to choose between it and a Nora movie.  Anyway, I’ll be watching…except Angel Falls.  But I have to ask: what were they thinking, casting Heather Locklear as Reece?  She’s a good 15 years older than Reece is in the book.

Mel-O-Drama says:

Scott Bakula and John Corbett! Whoot! Color me happy!!!

AnneD says:

Speaking of the Wiggles…how crappy is it that the yellow Wiggle has to retire. But as I said to hubby – 15 years and a millionaire many times over, and dead on stage horribly scaring little kidlets for many years to come, or give it all up, enjoy my millions and live for another 15 years…

Oh…and now I have something to watch while I wait for the Loose Id site to upload tonight – I have a new release tomorrow – got to find some way of staying awake to see my name in lights again!

shaina says:

hooray! i was quoted by the bitches! i feel so speshul.
    :-)

shaina says:

oh, but i have to give credit to my mommy on this one—she’s the one that sent ME the link to the lifetime page. so, yay my mommy!

KariBelle says:

I agree, and not only because of the age thing.  I just don’t see her as Reece.  I guess if you can get Heather Locklear, you make it work.  I am still gonna watch though.

Kristol Goguen says:

Did anyone else see Sanctuary? I saw it on lifetime a few months or so ago on Lifetime. I enjoyed it but found myself missing the parts and characters they didn’t include. I can’t wait to see the others though!!

Kristol Goguen says:

errr maybe I should start proof reading and not let myself get carried away, lol

shaina's mom says:

only problem is, we don’t have cable, so we’re probably not going to be able to see any of these until they get to video…. bummer!!!

CantateForever says:

mmmmm… John Corbett *drools*

DebR says:

I’m appalled at the Heather Locklear thing too, but other than that they sound very promising! The trick for me will be remembering to look for them in the schedule so I don’t miss them, since I pretty much never watch Lifetime.

dl says:

Congrats, Nora!!

Mellissa says:

I’m a little baffled by the choice for Reece, but I’ve always enjoyed Heather Locklear so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. I never saw Sanctuary but based on what they left out, I wasn’t too keen. I loved Nora’s books because of the rich plots and casts, not despite them. I am uber thrilled that Carolina Moon and Montana Sky are being made into movies, they’re my favorite Nora Books. If I can just get some JD Robb movies now.

Nora Roberts says:

I’ve actually seen the finished Carolina Moon, and was absolutely delighted. The cast was great—with Josie Davis a standout at Faith, imo.

Things get left out in the translation—they must when you move from book to movie—but I felt the translation was very, very true to the heart of the story and the characters.

As for Heather Locklear, I’m thrilled to have someone of her stature bringing one of my characters to life on screen. They have adjusted Reece’s age in the script, and I didn’t feel it made any difference to the storyline or the character’s journey. That’s the key.

And, on a personal note, I got to visit the set of Montana Sky—and got a couple of very nice hugs from the extremely delicious John Corbett. Mmmmm.

Mel-O-Drama says:

Now see, that’s just bragging. Of course, I’d be bragging, too. Probably lots more than that…I’m thinking tshirts and a website…but that’s just me. :)

Darla says:

Not to fear—according to Nora on ADWOFF, the DVDs will be released at the same time the movies are shown on Lifetime.

postscript:  oooh, the verification word likes me:  it says I “looked19”