Library Haul

Went to drop off a couple of items that were due at the library this evening and HOLY CRAP, ten items were on hold for me. I put holds on them at different times, and they all arrived on the same day. Figures.

Here’s my haul:
Sin City Volumes 2 through 7
The Historian
Finding Neverland (Johnny! Freakin’! Depp! Playing J.M. Barrie! EEEEEE!)
The Incredibles
Secretary

Aieee! I’ll be good and occupied for the next couple of weeks, that’s for damn sure. I read the first page of The Historian to see what all the buzz is about, and I get the feeling it’s trying to ape a Victorian-style faux memoir. Either way, I’ll end up blabbering about it, either in a review or in The Dump.

So! Many! Library! Books! Makes me dizzy.

OK, off to bed. I’m making the mistake of taking A Dame to Kill For: Sin City, Book 2 to bed with me, even though I’m tired as hell and need my sleep. I love to live on the edge like that.

Random Musings

I completely loved The Historian, which is, I admit, no guarantee for you. Several times during the book I laughed out loud at the semantic and historical in-jokes, and I did gasp aloud a couple times. So I suppose you could say it was a good time for me. I can’t wait to see what you make of it.

JEA says:

Oooo, The Historian is so on my TBR list.

Also, has anyone read Topping from Below? I’ve heard mixed reviews, and am not sure I want to spend the time.

Joyce

Dee says:

Oooh, yeah, book 2 of Sin City! Okay, what time did you finally get to sleep?

I came back from RWA with about 50 books. They’re currently holding up my wall in my living room and I have no idea where to start. Your 10 book haul is making me jealous. Who knew you could get too much of a good thing? :)

Hope you like them!
    Dee

bam says:

Dwight and Marv. Sigh. So yummy.

Candy says:

“Oooh, yeah, book 2 of Sin City! Okay, what time did you finally get to sleep?”

11:30, actually. I was so goddamn tired that I woke up with the book over my face. However, I dreamt I’d gone on reading it, only the story no longer made sense. Then I woke up and realized my subconscious had been fucking with my head. Again.

Norma says:

You are so good about using the library.  For some reason, I never think about just borrowing a book from the library instead of buying one….when I think of the money I’ve wasted on shitty books.  One thing is, I’m lazy.  It’s so easy to sit here on my fat ass and buy a book from B&N online, then sit here on my fat ass and wait for it to arrive in the mail, but I’m gonna try to do that library thing more often.

Candy says:

Norma: I didn’t use to use the library, either. Then I went through a period of about 3 years when I was beyond shitty-ass broke but still needed to feed my habit.

The library: the number-one enabler of broke-ass book addicts.

Danielle says:

The library: the number-one enabler of broke-ass book addicts.

And book addicts with small houses. If I had to find space for all the books I’ve read, am reading, or want to read someday I’d be sitting on top of a three-story pile in a one-and-a-half-story house.

Unfortunately, working in a library is like being a kleptomaniac with a job at Macy’s.

Meljean says:

Oooh, I loved Secretary!

Nice haul all around. I’m wavering on the Historian—I’m too cheap for hardback, but I’m so interested in the premise. I wonder if I put a hold on it now, if it’ll be a while before I get my hands on it at the library. Off to check.

gail says:

Secretary the movie with James Spader and whatshername? I saw that. It was…interesting.

I’m anxious to see what you think about The Historian.

I have two giant-ass books that I want to read—The Bronze Horseman by Paulline Simmons and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by whoever it is… But I’m afraid of them, because I have this need to finish a book all in one swell foop, and these things are SO-o-o-o-o-o-ooo fat, I’m certain they’ll have me staying up all night to get them done. I did start Horseman…And if you say The Historian is really good, then I’ll want to get it too, and it’s just as fat…

Alyssa says:

I love the library. Although I’m not always good at reading the books I check out. I’m in the mood to read them when I put them on hold; sometimes the mood has passed once I get the books in my hand.