You request, we comply

Candy asked for dissent and commentary, and one of the requests, made by more than a few people, was for a link to comments that would display the newest comments first, as opposed to having to scrooooooll down to the bottom to see the most recent comments.

So, behold. You see below each entry a “comments” link, which displays oldest to newest as you scroll down, and a “new comments first” link, which displays new comments at the top of each window.

Enjoy!

News

HelenKay says:

Always willing to make your readers happy – that’s what we like about you two.  Okay, that and the snarkiness.

SB Sarah says:

And gratuitous man-titty. Don’t forget about the man-titty!

Who can forget the man-titty? It’s just so… big.

Thanks, guys!

Arethusa says:

I love it that you give us the choice to pick one or the other, me being a fan of old to new. Thanks!

Oooh, I love you ladies!  Thanks!

Mel says:

Ahhhh, thanks, that’s much better. Wait a tic! I’ve gotta lite a fag. Inhale, exhale..
    fuckin’ awesome!

SB Sarah says:

I know I should be over this, but every time I hear a Brit refer to a cigarette as a fag, I picture a very slender gay man wrapped in filterpaper with his hair on fire.

I’m going straight to hell for my horrible imagination.

Candy says:

“I’m going straight to hell for my horrible imagination.”

If not for that, then definitely for that time you offered to buy me a Pope John Paul II commemorative bracelet. Or the 9/11 commemorative ashtray. Or the Thomas Kinkade paintings.

SB Sarah says:

You know you want the lamp inspired by the paintings of the Painter of Lightâ„¢ so that the light can light the Light and all.

And we won’t even go near your eagle-crying-the-American-flag
    flying-over-the-WTC commemorative plate gift/threat to me!

Ladies, ladies, let’s not get vicious here. After all, kitsch is the gift that keeps on giving… nausea.

SB Sarah says:

The Battle of the Kitsch would be an even-strength grudge match between me, Candy, the internet, and all the street vendors between Portland and Manhattan.

Candy says:

OK, one “With You Always” custom-framed sketch coming right up for Sarah….

I dunno, Sarah, my mom is the reigning Queen of Kitsch in our family. I might schedule a Kitsch Grudge Match between her and the street vendors. Then you and Candy can take on the winner in a triple-threat match,a nd the last two left standing can mud-wrestle for a velvet painting of Elvis.

SB Sarah says:

Not only is this image particularly creepy, but it comes marginally close to being an equal-level eyebrow-raiser as your gift from yours truly.

My skin crawleth. I have nothing to offer but this. (scroll down a little…)

So far Jesus has blessed Elvis, truckers, homosexual carpet-layers, and weird creepy football-playin’ children. All we need is a grilled-cheese sandwich with the Virgin on it and we’ll be all set.

Have you guys ever seen Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter?

SB Sarah says:

Make your own! It ain’t the Virgin, but it’s Jesus on toast!

*giggle* Jeeeee-licious! The face of God in Butter!

*expiring with laughter*

Candy says:

Wow. I suddenly have a whole new slew of desktop wallpaper options.

Thanks, you guys!

Candy says:

Wait, WAIT! I can’t believe I forgot to link to this classic: Ooops, he did it again.

(That link? ALL Sarah’s fault, ‘cause she sent it to me a few weeks ago.)

And fuck Elvis or Jesus on velvet. This thread needs more poodles on velvet.

Edited to add: HOLY FUCK WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AAAGGGGGH AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH.

Oh, Precious Moments BARF. But I have to admit it’s the Vintage Asian Velvet Painting that gets the prize for “ugliest f&*^ing thing I’ve seen all week.” And that’s saying something.

SB Sarah says:

Yeah, I totally am getting you the “oops he did it again” Precious Moment. Along with the completely inappropriate American Indian Precious Moment Bless-um You.

Stunned. Speechless.

Candy says:

“Yeah, I totally am getting you the “oops he did it again” Precious Moment.”

Only if you paint the angel so he looks like Fred Durst and the little kid so he looks like Britney. Christina Aguilera would work in a pinch.

fiveandfour says:

completely inappropriate American Indian Precious Moment Bless-um You.

Wow SB Sarah – that’s offensive AND kitchsy.  All we need is offensive, kitschy and hairy (or smarmy, take your pick) and we’ll have a hat trick.

SB Sarah says:

Christina Aguilera would work in a pinch.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

fiveandfour says:

Oh da-yum, SB Sarah’s on fire!

When one of you finds the Christina with Jesus velvet painting or Precious Moments collectible I’ll be tapping the mat and getting the hell out of here – it would be toooooo much to take in one day.

Stef2 says:

Are y’all making fun of my Truckin’ for Jesus t-shirt?

Okay, I confess – it’s my daughter’s.  But it’s tres cool.  We’re still not sure why it offends people.  I mean, it’s got a truck, and Truckin’ for Jesus in a way cool font.  Maybe they’re offended because we’re not really truck drivers?