Keeping Maili Amused!

Sybil issued the challenge: find at least five links to keep our beloved Maili occupied. Here are some of my favorites that aren’t linked on the sidebar. They’re pretty famous, though, so this probably old hat to a lot of youse.

Amber Forever: Dude masquerades as a 14-year-old girl, lures men into talking dirty with him on-line, posts hilarious results.

The Sneeze: Funny-ass shit by some guy named Steve. The best regular feature by far is Steve, Don’t Eat It! Warning: you WILL laugh until you cry. Read at work at your own risk because it will be SO TOTALLY OBVIOUS that you’re fucking off and surfing the Internet, because entering bills of materials into the database doesn’t usually make you laugh until snot runs out your nose, bitch.

Get Your War On: I fell in love as soon as I read this line in the first strip: “Operation: Enduring Our Freedom to Bomb the Living Fuck Out of You is in the motherfucking house!!!” Plus any comic strip that features Voltron has my undying love. Check out the rest of this guy’s comics, they’re pretty funny too.

Oolong: Japanese photographer puts random crap on top of preternaturally calm rabbit’s head, adorable Internet craze results. The original pancake bunny. RIP, sweet fluffy one.

Cockeyed: Funny pranks and geeky shit. I especially love the “How Much Is Inside?” feature.

Visual Poetry: The site description says it best: “VisualPoetry translates any text into a series of images by looking up the words on Google image search and projecting the most relevant results as a slide show.” Try Nirvana lyrics for maximum hilarity, especially “I feel stupid and contagious.”

Mr. T vs. Pokemon: Remember that “Mr. T vs. [insert random item/celebrity/animated character]” craze a few years ago? My housemate, Stu, pit Mr. T against Pikachu—and that Pika-fool is about to get tossed!

Vectorpark: Beautiful, surreal interactive Flash work.

zefrank: He’s most famous for the incredibly funny “How To Dance Properly” video clips, but he has lots of other hilarious stuff on the site too, as well as some very, very cool interactive Flash toys and games.

The Link-O-Lator

shayera says:

I’m a bi fan of The Sneeze, and I also really love Hulk’s Diary That is on the Internet at http://incrediblehulk.blogspot.com

white raven says:

Candy:  I just finished reading the Steve Don’t Eat It portion of The Sneeze.  Jaysus! That was the funniest thing I’d ever read.  And I made the mistake of reading it at work.  I didn’t have snot coming out of my nose but the co-worker in the cube next to me came over to see why I sounded like I was asphyxiating.

Thanks for posting that one.  I linked it on my live journal and credited you and Smart Bitches.  I think my flist will find it as funny as I did.

Sybil says:

YAY

more links!!!!!!!!

Just finished reading “Steve Don’t Eat It.” Unfortunately, I was eating popcorn. Now my monitor is covered with little bits of chewed and sprayed Redenbacher’s. And I think I got some stuck in my nose. That blog should come with a warning label. It was fantastic.

I am now forever in your debt, Candy. (As if I wasn’t before.)

My God. Most are train wrecks in slow motion, specially Steve, Don’t Eat it! [that bit about sperm-covered baked beans has just scarred my mind’s eye] and Amber Forever. Love the rest, including the surreal vector images and How Much Inside. Veddy cool. Thanks, C & S. :D

sherryfair says:

“Steve don’t eat it” is now circulating throughout my office and has been sent to all of my friends.

My ribs are still aching from laughing.

Arethusa says:

Oh man the GYWO guys are fantastic. That Voltron series had me rolling on the bed with laughter.

Feeding tube and Uzbekistan kitty are my favourite characters though.

I can’t read Steve just yet, I’m munching on lemon pie and that first post….gah!

Beth says:

Holymarymotherofgod. Corn smut.

Congratulations. I actually gagged.

shayera says:

As much as I desperately love the “Steve, don’t eat it”s, his best series are the one dealing with the microwave popcorn and the jokes from the booster seat, especially the very first ones.

bam says:

I’m at work right now. Every morning, I have my coffee and check your site for some snarky goodness. I mistakenly clicked “Steve Don’t Eat It” and I think my boss is going to fire me for spraying my monitor and keyboard with coffee. Thanks a lot.

Jeez, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. My dad says that laughter is the the best medicine… and I guess that’s why most of my family died of tuberculosis.

Word.