Smart Bitch Pimpin’

Candy gave me the nudge to self-pimp: my Romancing the Blog post is up. How to break up with books, when one is moving. *sigh* My shelves are SO bare.

Random Musings

E.D'Trix says:

I moved 3 times in 2 years (one of them was 3000 miles across the country) so I totally feel your book purge pain. Of course, even though I thinned the herd mercilessly every time, I probably only got rid of a third of my books. Sounds good until I say I went from 3000+ books to 2000+.

After my u-haul pulled up and my 2-guys-and-a-truck crew started offloading boxes you could see them getting more and more shocked. (I had conveniently written “books” on all of the appropriate boxes.) Finally one of the guys said (in a genuinely pissed off tone) “Why did you bring all of these books?” And he was honestly upset and confused about it (and no doubt slightly herniated at that point). I told him that if he had to ask the question that there was no way he would understand the answer!

And appropriately enough my capcha is ‘property18’!

Sarah says:

OK, that sounds SO much like me, and seriously, I am horrified that I thinned out as much as I did. I can only blame the “nesting” instinct, I guess. Either that, or anticipation at buying more books soon!!

And wow. 3000 miles? I’m moving, um, let’s see, look at map… about 23 miles. Nowhere near enough to claim the moving expense on my taxes.

E.D'Trix says:

Yeah, the tax break was nice, but it was still a 4 day cross country drive in a U-haul—ain’t nuthin’ in this world that makes up for that…

Sarah says:

Oh HELL no. Nothing makes up for that!

Tara Marie says:

Great column.  Loved the picture of the fox surrounded by the hounds.

Maili says:

I agree, Tara! I was wondering if it was doctored. However it was done, it had my attention for a few minutes. Love it.

Sarah says:

Thanks Tara. I have no idea if that shot was Photoshopped, but it makes me laugh. The caption where I found it was, “What are we looking at, fellas?” Totally cracks me up.