Hie thee to Romancing the Blog

My RTB column is up today, my pretties. I called it “I’ve been told you’ve been bold with Harry, Mark and John.” Check it out NOW. So goeth the bitchly decree.

The Link-O-Lator

HelenKay says:

Gee, Candy, it’s not like you to start a riot.  Maybe you should write about your unnatural love of animal books next.  That will throw them all off.  Certainly scared the hell out of me.

Candy says:

I know. If I ever write another RTB column, it’ll be entitled “Implications of the lack of hepatic glucuronyl transferase in small felids.”

Are you turned on yet, HelenKay? ‘Cause I can go on about this particular topic for hours.

OK, not hours. About 20-30 minutes.

HelenKay says:

Hell, Candy, reading that title turned me on.  It also took approximately 3 minutes and I still have no clue what it is you said. Part of me wants to know what a felid is but the other part is too afraid to ask.

Lori says:

Okay, I have to ask. What in the blue blazes is that a picture of????

Candy says:

You mean my Romancing the Blog avatar? read the comments, especially comment number 9, and all shall be revealed…. Clue: it has to do with small felids.

Lori says:

Okay, that’s what I thought it was, but is there a deep thought-provoking meaning that I would possibly find life-changing—or did you just like the image?
    You will note my daisy is both cheerful and strangely terrifying at the same time. ;-)
    Lori

Candy says:

Well, I had to work with what I had on my computer, and since I’m such an insane cat lady, most of the pictures on my hard drive are of my cats. Only I thought a plain ole picture of my kitties would be boring and make me out to be too much of a crazy cat lady (well, I AM a crazy cat lady), but when I saw the extreme close-up of Hitler’s paw, I knew it had to be my avatar. I mean, it looks all curled up and cute and cuddly and sweet—except I don’t bother to clip her nails (I’ve trained her to have pretty nice claw manners, plus she’s naturally a very gentle cat) and you can tell just the hint of razor-sharp claws in that cute fuzzy paw.

So I guess it’s meant to be kind of a juxtaposition of “Awwww, cute!” and “Owww, claws!” Except with me, I’m pretty up-front about my claws and I don’t try to hide it under any cute fuzziness. BUT I also thought it was a pretty funny picture to put up in terms of a visual pun—you know, cattiness, claws partially sheathed, etc.

Now that I think about it, I should’ve put up a picture of a bitch. A snarly terrier bitch. That would’ve suit me. Small, obnoxious, loud, persistent. Though I DO smell better than a terrier.